HSE PTW Lead Coordinator (HSE) Doha, Qatar
We are looking for an HSE PTW Lead Coordinator for one of our Clients :
Duration : ASAP - Dec 2023
Location : Qatar Onshore
Work schedule : 6 days a week / 10 hours a day
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Preferably a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree or Diploma
- 08-10 years broad experience in execution of major projects, in a PTW role, including at least 6 years in the execution of offshore pipelines and offshore construction.
- Minimum five years’ experience working in the Middle East, with prior experience executing projects within the State of Qatar strongly preferred.
- Contribute to the development a ‘Proactive Safety Culture’ during pipeline construction and offshore installation activity in which safety leadership and values drive continuous improvement and creates an environment of trust, transparency and genuine care for people
- Assist and support the Head of HSSE – Offshore to Implement the Project Safety Plan and ensure the effective implementation of the COMPANY and Contractors’ Project Safety Management System and Procedures during offshore activities including:
- HSES Risk Management Program to ensure that project-specific risks are identified, assessed, mitigated via reduced consequence and likelihood, and communicated, enabling project to be executed safely and efficiently and meeting project objectives. Ensure that risks mitigations include documented method statements and Job-Safety Analyses
- PTW Audit and Verification Programs to ensure that risk controls and barriers are properly implemented. This includes regular and proactive safety inspections covering all work activity and locations.
- HSES Observation Program of ongoing work activity to identify safe and at-risk behaviors, adopting best practices using mobile applications to capture and track safety performance data in ‘real-time’, and using predictive modelling techniques that rapidly identify trending hazards to ensure necessary safety improvements can be identified and implemented for immediate effect
- PTW Training Program to ensure competency of workforce and increase awareness and understanding of safe working practices. This includes periodic follow-up; supervisory development training ; task-specific training.
- Emergency Response Plan to ensure that all likely emergency response scenarios are identified, assessed and contingency measures put in place. Coordinates with Contractor Emergency Response Team to ensuring the effective implementation of the Contractors’ Emergency Response Plans
- Occupational Health Program to ensure the health and wellbeing of project team
- Incident Investigation to ensure that HSES incidents, and near misses are identified, recorded, investigated and resolved to ensure safe working practices are maintained and improved.
- Provide expert advice and support on:
- the anticipation, identification, assessment and control of hazards to Safety and locations where work is being performed. The recommendations must be given within the framework of policies, procedures and regulations governing the activities of Safety programs.
- effectiveness of inspections, monitoring activities and investigative assignments to prevent safety incidents and protect and improve Safety.
- the analysis and interpretation of exposure monitoring data, pertaining to Safety assessment of PTW activities within COMPANY facilities and identifying trend and patterns, with the aim of providing advice to the management on managing the risk exposures by following internationally accepted criteria.
- the most effective method for controlling various Safety hazards, within work environments offshore and implementation of control measures (engineering, work practices and/or personal protective equipment), to reduce Safety exposure risk.
- Identification of job-groups requiring periodic Safety surveillance, based on the potential for exposure to Safety risks.
- Actively participate in
- Lessons Learned Program to actively and continuously capture learnings from project activities; to learn from our successes and failings to identify opportunities and warning signals to improve our safety performance
- Site HSSE Steering Committee in conjunction with PMT and Contractor management to review HSES performance and identify priorities and actions
- Maintain interfaces, including with:
- Pipelines & Offshore Installation Teams to ensure that HSSES issues are resolved promptly and effectively
- Project Management Team to provide feedback on HSES issues; to expedite closure of lessons learned; to provide feedback on HSES performance generally
- To conduct other HSES related tasks as directed by HSE Head - Offshore
- Relentlessly pursue the project vision of safe work, everywhere, all the time. One Team approach.
- Attend and participate in Site Safety Meetings, Safety Committee Meetings, Risk Assessments, Toolbox Talks, HSE walkthroughs etc.
- Participate in risk assessments, JSA’s, HAZIDS etc. to ensure all hazards/risks are reduced ALARP