Interface Coordinator (Interface) Qatar
We are looking for an Interface Coordinator with the following details :
Location : Doha / Malaysia
Duration : ASAP - December 2025
Work Status : Resident, Single
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor or Master in Engineering
- Graduate engineer with a good level of technical understanding of all relevant technical disciplines, with at least 10 years’ experience of engineering team supervision/management on onshore/offshore oil & gas project,
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards, good knowledge of TOTAL is a plus.
- Large spectrum of skill and competencies in various engineering disciplines and/or in Interface Management
- A good knowledge of Contractual matters is necessary and a good knowledge of Central Processing Platform and Well Head Platforms Projects and Operations would be a plus.
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) with good communication skills, computer literate,
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment
The job holder is accountable for all interfaces activities during project execution.
- Develop and implement all necessary tools and procedures related to interface management activities
- Manage all interface engineers within Packages (Functional organization)
- Manage all internal and external interfaces with all parties during project execution, in particular:
- External interfaces between EPC contractors
- Internal interfaces between project packages and COMPANY other entities (E&C, D&W, CPD,…)
- Interfaces with other block 5 operators (pipeline/cable crossings,…)
- Assist Project Manager upon request on project management matters during project execution
- Report and liaise with Project Manager as needed
- To define as exhaustively as possible all the contractual interfaces resulting from the split of contracts defined in the Project Contractual strategy and to ensure that contractual documents reflect the corresponding split of responsibilities between the different Contractors during all phases of Project.
- To oversee the implementation of the interface management process by Project team and Contractor(s), and in particular, to keep the Interface Task Register (ITR) and Interface Document Register (IDR) updated.
- To attend all interface-related meetings, including in particular interface workshops, HAZID / HAZOP meetings, meetings with Contractor(s), etc. in order to ensure the permanent control of the battery limits.
- To organize, control and follow up process to have all deliverables timely issued by contractors for all interfaces, and to control the quality of these deliverables during FEED and EPCIC phases.
- To assist EPCIC Contractor(s), as required, in the closing out of interfaces. To expedite the exchange of Interface Task Sheet involving Contractor(s) as necessary.
- To ensure that EPCIC Contractors provide proper reporting of the progress of their interfaces activities and ensure subsequently report on progress of interface management process implementation to Project Manager and refer to him in the event of any deviation or conflict with proposed remedial actions.
- To avoid change orders and delays caused by interface issues by ensuring timely follow-up of interfaces during FEED and EPCIC phases. To anticipate problems and work together with Contractor(s), Engineering Manager and as a general manner with all discipline Engineers, to propose technical solutions.
- To liaise with other departments like Drilling & Wells, Engineering & Construction, Reservoir & Geosciences and Field Operations for the management of interface up to their close-out.
- To liaise with project team and discipline engineers on all interface matters and/or help expedite the development of the interface management process between Contractors during FEED and EPCIC execution phase.
- To liaise with the Document Control team to assist consolidation of the interface management records for all project packages.
- When necessary, participate in monitoring interfaces between different subcontractors of a main EPCIC contractor.
- To follow-up during FEED and EPCIC phases the progress of ESIA studies with HSEQ to ensure issuance of Consent To Construct certificate in due time to allow installation of the project facilities
- To insure coordination and follow-up of E&C G&G surveys throughout PROJECT execution
- To prepare before start of the FEED the engineering contractor interface procedure and deploy specific tool for the coordination of revisions of the existing technical documents between different engineering contractors working simultaneously on the same location
- To manage communication interface with Operators of the block 5 during FEED and EPCIC phases
- Put in place interface agreement with block 5 Operators before start of FEED
- Maintain regular follow up with QP (focal point of all interfaces on block 5) in order to have regular up-dates on different developments of other Operators
- Follow-up SCN/CPN preparation and approval during project execution in close coordination with MP Engineering Manager and other MP Managers
- Ensure readiness and provide support to organize all internal/external audits required (PR, Third parties, Partners)