Installation and Civil Works Category – Supplier Contract Mngr (Contract) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
We are looking for an Installation and Civil Works Category – Supplier Contract Manager for one of our Clients :
Duration : 12 months
Location : Dubai
Work Status : Resident, Single
Purpose of the Role
- To be fully responsible for the management of Installation and Civil Works suppliers contracts within a specified project. Installation and Civil Works are high spend and risk activities with distinctive contract terms and conditions, requiring specialized commercial management particularly around change and claims.
- The role will require frequent and close engagement of Installation and Civil Works suppliers to ensure that requirements are executed in accordance with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements as defined in the contract.
- The role will require frequent and close engagement of the other Project Functions, and in particular Deployment and Commercial/Legal and Contracts to ensure that claims are fully assessed and, where relevant, passed through to the Head Contract.
- The role is embedded into the procurement category organization to ensure alignment with Installation and Civil Works Category strategy and benefit from all procurement category environment and best practices as well as to be in situation to challenge and escalate as relevant beyond project scope.
- Pre and Post Contract Management activities
- Contract Management of major contracts, high in value (in excess of £5m), high in complexity and high in risk, ideally for Construction or Installation (e.g. FIDIC/NEC)
- Claims Management
- Communication and presentation
- Interpersonal at all organisational levels, internal and external
- Relevant purchasing, commodity and category management experience
- Experience of working in a major programme/ project environment preferably in the Construction or Installation industry
- Experience of working in a multi-discipline team environment
Education & Qualifications
- 5 years plus relevant experience in procurement, or Quantity Surveying.
- Track record of success in a similar role in relevant businesses or markets
- Procurement/Quantity Surveying/ CIPS/ RICS degree/affiliation
- 3 years plus relevant experience in Construction or Installation.
- Financial management / Programme management
- Business or Engineering related degree