Risk Engineer (Risk) Qatar
We are looking for a Risk Engineer for one of our Clients :
Location : Doha, Qatar
Duration : ASAP - March 2024
Work Status : Resident, Single
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 10+ years of relevant industry or risk management experience and/or accreditation.
- Experience in Oil and Gas operating companies is preferable.
- Depth of knowledge in Risk management tools, methods, and techniques and the ability to perform independently.
- Competence in Monto Carlo simulation, Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis, and other leading Risk schedule and cost sensitivity modelling tools.
- Advanced level competence in using MS Office applications like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English. Able to write detailed reports independently.
- The incumbent shall be able to work independently with minimum guidance.
- The successful candidate shall be flexible to move to the CTR location for Project execution.
- Strong experience in preparing reports, analyses and organizing, leading internal/external planning and other workshops.
- Project management experience.
- Upstream and EPCI experience in Oil and Gas projects
- Relevant undergraduate or postgraduate degree in engineering, construction management, project management, risk management or another related field – preferred.
- Previous experience with risk analysis and simulation software, including preferably at Risk.
- Risk management experience, including knowledge of risk management governance and controls.
- Excellent people management and leadership abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Superior facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through the use of positive influence.
- The high degree of personal initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills; comfortable tackling complex problems and breaking these down into manageable pieces.
- Superior multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, often deadline-oriented, and dynamic environment.
- Conceptual and practical thinking and implementation skills.
- Process design and analysis skills.
The job holder is responsible for providing the Project Risk and Opportunities management and reporting function for the assigned Projects and Major Projects department. The role will hold but not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Planning, designing, and implementing an overall risk management process for the project/s department.
- Organizing and conducting Risk and Opportunities brainstorming sessions for internal and external stakeholders
- Liaising with respective team members to identify Project specific risks and opportunities.
- Assessing the potential health & safety, environmental, cost, schedule, operational and other impacts of the risks and opportunities and the likelihood of occurrence.
- Working with assigned Risk Owners to develop, implement and monitor risk mitigation plans.
- Organizing and facilitating periodic risk reviews with the Project teams, departments, and Leadership Teams to update existing and identify new Risks and Opportunities.
- Risks and Opportunities reporting to the Projects Leads and Leadership Teams of the department to understand the most significant risks and opportunities and ensure they are aware of risks and opportunities relevant to their parts of the project.
- Follow-up with individuals (Risk owners) to ensure they understand their accountability for individual risks and opportunities.
- Act as a Risk champion to convey and drive the Risk and opportunities management objectives across the projects and division.
- Periodical/ occasional coverage for the Lead Risk Engineer role
- Communicating and transitioning risk-related information across disciplines.
- Participating in audits of policy and compliance to standards, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Providing support, education, and training to project personnel to build risk awareness within the project team.
- Supporting contingency development (e.g. Quantitative Schedule and Cost Risk Analyses) and ongoing contingency management.
- Developing the methodology for Project cost schedule Risk Analysis (PSCRA) and performing the PSCRA executions for assigned Projects.
- Interprets the risk management program activities to ensure portfolio alignment and consistent application of risk framework; actively seeks out and codifies learnings.
- Taking ownership of the Risk and Opportunities management process and producing weekly, bi-weekly, monthly evolution trend reports for Project teams and management
- Interfaces regularly with cross-functional leaders (project leaders) and deployed risk focal points for assigned projects and departments.
- Participate in Corporate Risk meetings/forums and represent Major Projects for all Risk and Opportunities subjects.
- Assisting, mentoring, taking the lead in developing Risk management plans, Risk and Opportunities identification, quantitative and qualitative appraisal, and Project cost schedule Risk Analysis (PSCRA) framework for internal and external stakeholders.