Project Controller ( Power Sector ) (Project Controller) Bahrain
We are currently looking for a Project Controller for one of our clients ( Power Sector )
Following are Terms & Conditions for the role:
Type of Job : Contract Hire (contracted through MPH to work for the company)
Work Location : Bahrain
Duration : 12 months ( subject for extension )
Working hours and number of days per week : 8 hours / day for 6 days ( Friday is off )
Purpose of the Job
- This role is to provide Project Controls which includes schedule and cost controlling on projects.
- This role is for Project Controllers who are responsible for both cost and schedule on projects
Responsible for Project Controls (Planning and Cost):
- Build project schedule and project budgeting in schedule and cost tools
- Ensures compliance to the Global Standard process for Project Controls
- Support PM to align project budgets to as sold in appropriate systems
- Analyse schedule and cost trends and provide forecasted cost and schedules to project team
- In close contact with the PM: drives schedule review meetings to ensure coordination of the works, appropriate assignment of available resource, pre-emption of any slippage and catch-up on any delays so as to keep float on the project until completion.
- Maintain project schedule and cost forecast throughout project with periodic updates
- Maintain a register of potential schedule and cost risks
- Maintain actual and committed costs in the tools in liaison with finance team who provide the input
- Checks and controls cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast. Also Compares with productivity factors and validates accuracy of CTC, using early warning/BDR and EVM
- Communicates schedule and cost status/forecasts/risk to functional owners and drives/supports risk mitigation
- Provides internal and external periodic project reporting of project status
- Collaborate with 3rd parties on project schedules and costs
- Presents all financial data in a transparent way and in coordination with finance team, attends project and management review to present cost status
- Updates changes in appropriate systems to ensure costs are aligned to the current situation
- Aligns with Finance Controller to ensure reconciliation takes place between approved project financial data and books.
- Provide support to tenders
- Quality of the project controlling reporting.
- Accuracy of schedule and cost updates (actuals and forecast)
- Collaboration with functional owners to find strategies to stay on track / improve the target
- Alignment to established standards (WBS, CBS, processes, procedures, tools usage)
- Efficiency and effectives of the project cost control team where applicable.
Experience : Power Sector Project experience
- Bachelor of Science, preferably in Engineering or project management (+ financial/accounting basic knowledge).
Experience and Knowledge
- 3-5 years managing planning on P6 or managing cost controls on large turnkey projects
- Techno-commercial experience with detailed cost forecasting, if possible, in substation business, is a plus
Technical skills / competencies:
- Cost estimating and forecasting
- Data handling skills (Excel, SAP…)
- Commercial awareness
- Project Accounting & Controlling basics