Senior Continuous Improvement (CI) Coach (Jo123456) Qatar
|Salary:||USD250 - USD300 per day + Negotiable|
Position : Senior Continuous Improvement (CI) Coach
Location : Doha, Qatar
Duration : 12 months
Work Status : Resident, Single
- Responsible for the delivery of complex business improvement activities. Role models the identification of opportunities for business improvement, aligned to strategic objectives and ‘must-win’ activities for the COMPANY
- Responsible for training, mentoring and coaching nominated employees who are often delivering improvement work in addition to their normal duties
- Responsible for developing business cases for improvement activities which are approved for execution to deliver agreed business improvement plans
- Responsible for ensuring that business improvement projects are completed to schedule and deliver business benefits, including tangible financial savings, safety improvements, reduced business risk and/or improved customer satisfaction
- Reports on progress of projects, related risks, issues and opportunities. Includes dependencies, budgets, resourcing, issues, critical milestones, the forthcoming pipeline, and any actions necessary to ensure success
- Develops continuous improvement plans/road maps for projects and areas of accountability
- Produces written reports and makes presentations using agreed templates and formats
- Resolves problems at root cause by applying ‘A3 thinking’, with quality tools and additional numerical / statistical analysis as required from the Lean Six Sigma methodology. Identify follow on and replication opportunities.
- Deliver and complete the agreed number of A3 Problem solving activities, Green and Black Belt projects to the correct, auditable quality standard and on time:
- A3 Problem solving: up to 4 weeks
- Lean Six Sigma projects: 3 to 6 months
- Responsible for coaching managers and supervisors in the identification of business improvement opportunities and the development of business cases
- Supports company-wide engagement in continuous improvement. Supports the local CI Team as required, working flexibly to meet the changing needs of the business
- Consistently promotes high standards through personal example such that team members align on the standards and behaviors expected of them
- Supports delivery of team KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of data and regular reporting
- Supports, coaches and trains National Developers, Graduates and other secondees that rotate through the CI Team. Carries out regular competency assessments and reviews
1. Qualifications & Experience Required
- University degree in a science, or engineering discipline. Equivalent numerate disciplines are also considered.
- Minimum of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification, with a demonstrable record of project coaching and delivery. Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and recognized Quality Control (QC) tools
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including ISO14001 and responsibilities
- Knowledge of Quality standard TS16949
- Professional registration with a relevant institution is preferred e.g. ASQ, MCQI
Experience, skills and attributes:
- 10+ years of experience in a business improvement, internal or external consulting role
- Ability to operate within a matrix and diverse environment.
- A clear and structured thinker, who is strongly results-orientated.
- Ability to motivate and coach with strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently to the required standards with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and manage a wide variety of activities at the same time
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders