Welding & Coating Engineer (JO018231) Doha, Qatar
We are looking for a Welding & Coating Engineer with the following details :
Location : Doha, Qatar
Duration : 12 months - with possible extension depending on the project duration
Work Status : Residential, Single - with possible offshore mission(s)
Job Specifications :
- The job will require minimum 10 years experience in supervision of Welding & NDT activities for Oil & Gas projects, including significant experience with Corrosion Resistant Alloys products.
- Good motivational skills.
- Sound organization ability and respect for planning and budgets.
- Good knowledge of the relevant environment, open to new concepts and methods of construction.
- Fluent in English.
- Valid BOSIET certificate (Opito).
- The candidates availability must be immediate or very short notice period
- The job holder will participate to the following various stages of the project : Linepipe / EPCI CFTs, EPCI execution up to hand-over of the plant to the Field Operation team (Start-Up).
- The job holder is in charge, under the responsibility of the Projet Manager, of activities related to assembly, fabrication, testing coating and loadout of PLANT and installatMaterial (Non Destructive Examination / material selection, etc), Corrosion, Welding and NDT.
- The job holder will ensure, during detailed engineering, procurement and construction phases, that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the Material, Welding & NDT are timely issued and fitted for purpose.
- The job holder shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company HSSEQ requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications.
- The job holder will review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries.
- The job holder will be the Contractor’s and Vendor’s contact point for all matters related to the Material, Welding & NDT.
- The Job Holder will timely and actively liaise with the specialists for Head Quarter in order to ensure consistency of the works.
- The job holder will also ensure the QA/QC surveillance of Welding & NDT activities at all places of fabrication and construction, including during the offshore installation.
- The job holder will remain, with regards to the Welding & NDT aspects, the correspondent for engineering, procurement and construction occurring problems, and for any advice to be given or technical deviation request to be analysed and answered.
- The job Holder will closely liaise with the Third Party appointed for the 3.2 verification of manufacturing, construction and installation, and will ensure all steps of inspection and testing are fully aligned with the specifications and good practices, and fully recorded.
- In particular, the Job holder will represent Company for the hold, witness or review points identified in the Inspection and Test Plans.
- The job holder reports to the Engineering and Procurement Leader.
- The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules and requirements and for ensuring their implementation within his/her scope of responsibility.