Portfolio Development Manager (Arabic Speaker) (PDM01) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Terms & Condition:
Assignment : Direct Hire
Work Location : Abu Dhabi, UAE
Work hours per day: 8 hours /day
Work Days per Week: 5 days/week
Work Status : Resident
Mandatory Requirements :
- Arabic Speaker ( preferred )
- Currently in UAE
- Experience in Power Industry
- Responsible for identifying, structuring, evaluating, developing and delivering projects for the P&W business by leading and coordinating key business development functions such as financial feasibility analysis, engineering / deign, project legal review and financial negotiations, and project delivery of new capital investment opportunities that may be green field project developments or acquisitions of advanced development, under construction, or operating assets
- Ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the COMPANY’s corporate strategy.
- Plan, direct and manage business development activities and ensure the effective achievement of the business development functional objectives.
- Prepare the annual and long term Business Development Plans including pipeline of new growth opportunities, including organic and non-organic growth, and ensure resources are in place for execution including.
- Lead, manage, and develop the asset management team to ensure the successful execution of their projects and initiatives, optimize efficiency in financial and operational performance.
- Promoting and maintain an effective relationship with the international developers, investment banking community, industry and technology providers, advisors, and relevant governmental authorities.
- Assist in identification and appraisal of green field project development opportunities.
- Manage the development activities through financial close for new power and/or water projects.
- Supervise and implement through a team all the project development activities such as land acquisition, permitting, finalization of various contracts, preparation of financial analyses and financing of new power and/or water projects.
- Manage the development of valuation and modelling of the new businesses based on projected cash flows and expected returns.
- Evaluate the techno-economic feasibility for investments, acquisitions and mergers, and entering into long-term strategic partnerships.
- Lead the negotiation to finalize head of terms with partners, selling parties, off takers, etc.
- Prepare, submit and present to the management of COMPANY, investment committees, board of directors, an information memorandum contains the results of the assessment of a new business opportunity and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with other corporate functions such as legal, HR, HSE, finance, treasury, etc. for the required support to assess any new capital investment opportunity.
- Ensure appropriate COMPANY approval processes are followed for all business development activities.
- Engage, when required, and lead business advisors for transaction due diligence, negotiation with partners, off takers, banks, etc.
- Facilitate teaming up with partners, on project where required and manage partner relationships.
- Undertake additional assignments and projects as might be requested by the VP P&W.
- Providing high level strategic, planning and policy advice to the VP UAE&GCC and Executive Officer on all matters affecting COMPANY P&W business development and sustainability .
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
Required: Bachelor in business administration, finance, or engineering
Specialist / Technical Certifications
Desired: CFA, PMP
Relevant Experience Required
- 8 – 10 years of experience in P&W industry in which he/she held senior roles in business development activities (green field + M&A)
- Experience in working with JV partners and complex governance structures
- Experience in project finance
- Strong network in the sector and the middle east
- Experience in Financial modelling and contracts
- Experience in operation and maintenance of power plants
Additional Requirements / Skills
- Proficiency in English language
- MS Office and computer proficiency
- Desired: Proficiency in Arabic Language