SHES Lead (SHES) Qatar
We are looking for a SHES Lead for one of our Clients
Duration : 24 Months
Location : Qatar, Onshore
Work Schedule : 6 days a week / 10 hours a day
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or equivalent RCA tool).
- Knowledge and/or Experience
- 10 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
- Provide SHES direction, guidance and leadership to PROJECT Onshore EPC PMT and CONTRACTOR(s) for fieldwork across all EPC packages.
- Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR(s) and effectively manage a team of SHES Specialists to ensure compliance with all Project & RLC SHES requirements, and communicate and verify the effective resolution of SHES compliance issues.
- Support SHES Head in the site implementation and verification of the PROJECT Onshore EPC SHES Plans & Procedures through clear planning, formal communication and interface between all involved parties.
- Support the PROJECT Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHES) advice and guidance to all PMT and CONTRACTOR Project Area Division Managers, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the COMPANY Mission to protect its people, assets and environment.
- Manage the relevant elements of the Project SHES Management system, its procedures and programs and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract
Key Job Accountabilities
- Supports the PROJECT Onshore EPC project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work. Shall be flexible and team-orientated. Supports the SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager) as the key focal point for site activities.
- Provides oversight in field for newly onboarded EPC CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and Vendors, to verify understanding and compliance to project SHES requirements. Monitor site SHES programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate data/ information/ systems as required.
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels.
- Supports the SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager) in providing oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements. Review and comment on CONTRACTOR SHES Plan and key supporting documents.
- Verification of SHES site resource allocation, competencies and performance in assigned area of responsibility. Monitor newly mobilized SHES personnel. Provide mentoring and promote development of SHES personnel.
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of strong safety cultures in line with the COMPANY and Project vision, mission and values. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required in coordination with SHES Head (and/or SHES Manager), e.g. COMPANY Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s), RLC, and QP etc.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and visible presence for in-field activities to build the safety culture and continual improvement on the project, through all phases of the work including SIMOPS.
- Participates in safety meetings as needed, including Area Leadership Team (ALT) meetings, and participates in meetings involving CONTRACTOR safety problems/incidents. Participate in site safety reviews, walkthroughs, audits, pre-start up safety reviews, investigations SHES assessments etc.
- Expedite progress of all outstanding SHES relevant corrective actions per Onshore project EPC plans and procedures for site implementation and timely follow-up and closeout.