HSE Manager (11/1/2024) Maputo, Mozambique
We are looking for an HSE Manager for a SOLAR PV project with the following details :
Location : Metoro, Mozambique
Duration : Jan 2024 – Sep 2024
Work Status : Resident, Single
Qualifications / Experience required.
- >7 years of HSE professional experience in energy industry and construction sector(s) of which 5 years should be on site.
- Portuguese language speaking is required.
- Experiences in the power sector will be a plus.
- Technical degree or diploma plus internationally recognized HSE degree/diploma
- Proven autonomy and ability to manage contacts are required.
- Precision and zero compromise/tolerance approach on HSE and technical excellence must be proven.
- Knowledge and experience in previous projects with IFC Performance standards
- High level of knowledge and understanding of the local HSE regulations applicable in the selected region. Ability to understand procedures and instructions specific to HSE topics.
- Must be able to prepare, review, and audit working procedures.
- Must be able to prepare reports on all HSE technical matters.
- Must be capable of conducting HSE incident investigations.
- The ability to plan, implement, and supervise training in all areas of safe working is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing, implementing, and continuously improving health & safety, and environment management systems requirements.
- Good English language oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Proficiency computer skills with MS office and other day-to-day work-related software applications are necessary
- Act as HSE focal point for the PROJECT work developed at SITE / field level and provide HSE support and advice to the PROJECT SITE management, CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRACTORS.
- Responsible for the implementation of PROJECT HSE Plan at SITE level.
- Ensure the HSE readiness for all SITE activities and perform permanent HSE Supervision
- Participates actively to the personnel safety, construction integrity and respect of the environment and promotes HSE awareness at all levels through exemplary and pro-active attitude with PROJECT team, CONTRACTOR and SUBCONTRCTORS teams.
- Accountable for demonstrating, individually, an exemplary behavior with regard to HSE rules & requirements.
If interested, kindly apply.