WHP ICSS Engineer (JO018560) Doha, Qatar
We are looking for a WHP ICSS Engineer with the following details :
Location : Doha/ India/Vietnam/Malaysia/Oman/China/Korea/ Singapore ( to be confirm )
Duration : Oct 2023 - Sep 2025
Work Status : Resident, Single
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Qualification: Engineering degree in Instrument and control engineering.
- Experience: 10-15 years’ experience as ICSS Engineer in Offshore Oil and Gas industry.
- Strong engineering knowledge of ICSS design and execution, package interfaces for control & safety system, and tie-ins methodology on existing operating field,
- Computer literate, especially in AVEVA products.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Familiar with Total general specifications is a plus, and with relevant codes and standards,
- Language: fluent English,
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
Ensure Engineering Dossier delivered with a robust ICSS engineering definition and fit for purpose design that can be procured, fabricated, transported, installed, and operated safely, meeting the requirements of COMPANY standard, project basis of design, and SOR.
- Ensure and coordinate the proper realization of the ICSS design in compliance with COMPANY Standard, project specifications and procedures, time schedule, required level of quality and safety
- Challenge Contractor on the proposed design, oversee the development of the ICSS design including functional analysis, instrumentation control, safety functions, cause & effect, ESD system, SCADA System, F&G, ICSS integration, etc.
- Ensure a regular interface and coordination with other disciplines and within ICSS team to secure proper execution of project safety and control system.
- Promote field technical optimization/cost savings, ensuring first that they are compliant with the project schedule and the contracts, liaising with the ICSS Lead.
- Identify ICSS engineering technical decisions to be made. Define and manage clear way forward for these decisions to be made and report to ICSS Lead.
- Work with weight control engineer and engineering team to ensure close weight monitoring and control of weight.
- Contribute to the proper realization of the identification and specification of the LLIs
- Participate in equipment FAT, IFAT, SAT, DVT and other inspections at site/vendor premises as required
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability, and operational matters,
- Ensure that relevant feedback/lesson learned from previous similar projects are considered in the design performance.
- Assist in planning and preparation of ICSS discipline kick-off meeting with EPC Contractor
- Support procurement engineering including TBEs and vendor documents review, and assist in manufacture site visit
- Support fabrication and construction engineering on review of engineering documents, modification approval, non-conformity reviews and assist in closer of punch lists
- Support project during installation and hookup stage and review/approval work-pack, review of red-marks
Thorough, efficient, and timely review of project ICSS discipline documents, realization of potential derogations to the standards, and challenge the design to achieve an optimize and fit for purpose outcome
- Ensure project documents related to the ICSS discipline are reviewed and commented in a timely manner and in accordance with COMPANY standards, project specification and contractual requirements.
- Identify any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of detailed design, promote, and encourage submissions of value engineering proposals.
- Promote fit for purpose design to reduce and to optimize planning and costs,
- Ensure as far as possible standardization of design proposals for wellhead platforms
- Coordinate and issue project response to contractors and vendors requests on engineering design clarifications and TQR.
- Identify the protentional deviations/derogations to the COMPANY to and assist in preparation of deviation package
- Consult E&C department to process derogation requests and interface with relevant TRP to secure needed approvals
- Review of final project documentation including final dossiers and as-built drawings.
Support project studies and meetings related to the ICSS discipline as per project approved gate levels and design maturity
- Assist ICSS Lead to define, follow up and evaluate the ICSS discipline studies to be carried out by Contractors, ensure the studies completed as per approved project gate and maturity.
- Assist in preparation and attend to project studies including model review, HAZOP, SIL, HAZID, constructability review, PRs.
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, SIL, HAZID, etc.…).
- Participate in weekly engineering meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Assist in preparation of engineering progress reports detailing ICSS discipline progress across schedule. risks and technical issues to ensure accurate and timely information available to Package Management Team
Identifying potential risks and scope changes within the ICSS discipline, conducting initial impact assessment to provide detailed information to ICSS Lead.
- Identify potential engineering scope change related to ICSS discipline, carry out initial technical assessment in order to provide accurate information to ICSS Lead.
- Ensure the design follows the approved SOR, basis of design and project standards, captured and manage any changes as per project change management plan.