Biodiversity & Projects Specialist (HSEQ) (Biodiversity HSEQ) Doha, Qatar
We are looking for a Biodiversity & Projects Specialist (HSEQ) :
Location : Doha, Qatar
Duration : 12 months
Work Status : Resident, Single
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or marine ecologist / biologist or in related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years professional experience in biodiversity system and project development in an operational setting (preferably oil and gas or other similar industry).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of international and national legislation and regulatory related with biodiversity system, including but not limited to Qatar Regulation, IPIECA, etc.
- High level expertise in the field of biodiversity conservation related to marine species, including knowledge of and experience in biodiversity conservation legislation and policy, including for preparation of reports, submissions and correspondence to Ministerial level that relate to biodiversity conservation and management.
- Well-developed ability to source and synthesize complex scientific information for use in biodiversity system development.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with others, resolve conflicts, and develop practical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience and expertise in supervision, guidance and mentoring of other staff in a team environment or ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Good understanding of ISO 14001 EMS, preferably with experience of system auditing and implementation.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- In relation with COMPANY activities, operations, and projects:
- Develop Biodiversity Policy and Strategy for COMPANY
- Define a biodiversity management system with policy, objectives, guidelines, action plan, reporting and monitoring in line with stakeholders’ expectations (MECC, Qatar Energy, Total Energies, key stakeholders)
- Develop biodiversity metrics from Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) or other reference
- Develop and conduct biodiversity projects, with relevant advice, surveys, and studies to support COMPANY ambitions to preserve biodiversity and support project permits (CTC).
- Propose mitigation and when required compensatory measures to preserve biodiversity and monitor their effectiveness
- Ensure budget requirements to implement biodiversity action plan and mitigation for projects
- Ensure internal and external communication related to biodiversity and for projects
- Represent COMPANY externally on Biodiversity and for Projects
- Engage with National and International projects of biodiversity interest as required.
- Support COMPANY Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO14001:2015 EMS standards.
- Support in COMPANY Oil Spill Response Readiness and Preparedness.