Senior Database Administrator (JO014768) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
We are recruiting for a Senior Database Administrator for one of our Clients
Terms & Condition:
Work Location : Riyadh, KSA
Duration : 1 year renewable
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You must have advance level database administration skills & experience on either Oracle DB or Cassandra DB
- You must have knowledge of Linux or Unix applications, knowledge of WebLogic administration, ticketing tools, monitoring tools such as OP5, ELK, Grafana or Prometheus
- Experience in managing production systems in Cloud or/and Hybrid-Cloud, knowledge of debugging methods and tools, knowledge of Cloud technologies: ie. Dockers, Kubernetes are much appreciated
- You need to have experience in customer facing role and communication with internal & external stakeholders
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is a strong verbal and written communicator, analytical, a problem-solver and team player.
- You must have a Degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- With 5 years of experience in IT support and at least 5 years in operations, including 2-3 years of relevant DBA experience
Job Responsibilities :
- You will be responsible for the daily administration activities of the Databases
- You will be responsible to provide expert advice in case of Database issues related to performance and sizing
- You will be responsible to analyze DB reports (e.g. AWR Report), to identify the possible issues and propose fix
- You will be responsible for the automation of tasks for Database administration
- You will be responsible to provide guidance and support with regards to the Database administration knowledge ramp-up of the Tier II Support team.
- You will provide technical support of Cloud, On-Premises, and Hybrid services
- You will maintain and enhance internal tools to improve service industrialization for Cloud and On-Premises services.
- You will provide technical guidance for new or evolution of services and for consolidated technical analyses.
- You will lead the optimization of service reliability, performance and security.
- Provide technical direction when CAB requires tier II input, expertise or changes with high risk impacts on customer SLAs.
- You will extend and acknowledge completion of handover milestones to Tiers I and II to comply with contractual SLAs.
- You will manage performance. Track and report critical supply and demand metrics. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results
- You will participate within the integrated team concept for product & process improvement
- You will participate at the preparation and review of technical product & customer specific documentation