Contracts Engineering Services (Contracts) Uganda
We are looking for a Contracts Engineer for one of our Clients :
Duration : 12 months
Locations : First location is UK/FRANCE. Second Location is UGANDA
Work Status : Resident, 5 days a week
Start Date : November 2021
Qualifications / Experience required
- BSc in Engineering Discipline or Quantity Surveying with proven experience in on similar contracts : construction and civil works and experience with FIDIC contracts.
- 10+ years practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of complex technical contracts in the onshore and offshore oil or petrochemical industries. International project experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract processes in large industrial projects or other IOC. Construction and civil works and experience with FIDIC contracts
- Good general knowledge & understanding of project control, commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, and “in depth” understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services.
- Knowledge and understanding of different means of contractor remuneration and their commercial implications, practical experience of their use.
- Good communication, organizational skills, capabilities to take workload & work under pressure, able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Professional experience with National contractors in regions implementing industrial national content regulations
- Cultural awareness and ability to promote a healthy working relationship with the potential National Contractors and Suppliers
- Fluent in English.
- To support the contracts team for the award of remaining key Infrastructure contracts.
- These contracts include a number of construction contracts, shared services frame agreements, and some supply contracts which are part of the global contracts mosaic of the PROJECT Facilities to be awarded in the months to come.
- The activities include:
- The administration of the prequalification process of potential Contractors and Suppliers
- The preparation of the Call for tender documentation
- The review and evaluation of Contractual/Commercial proposals including the detailed assessment of contractual qualifications
- Contractual support for the preparation of the Recommendation to award
- Finalization of contract documentation ready for signature.
- Administration of contract during execution.