Process Engineer – Offshore Projects (process) Doha, Qatar
We are looking for a Process Design Engineer for one of our Clients
Assignment : Contract
Duration : 6 months extendable
Location : Qatar
Work Status : Resident, Single
Work Schedule : 5 days a week / 9 working hours a day
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering is required.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of chemical process engineering experience in similar EPC environment for Onshore / Offshore projects predominantly in upstream / offshore related FEED / Detailed engineering projects.
- Develop and document design basis
- Carry out process studies under supervision
- Evaluate and optimize process schemes
- Preparing heat and material balances and associated Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Preparing and modifying Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Experience with process simulation software (i.e., Aspen Plus, HYSYS, ProII, etc.)
- Sizing, selecting, and specifying process equipment (i.e., pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, columns, etc.)
- Input into material selection
- Carry out complex hydraulic calculations
- Experience sizing, selecting, and specifying pressure relief devices
- Familiarity with the sizing, selection and specification of process instrumentation
- Provide assistance to the Senior / Lead Engineer, as requested, in the areas of schedules, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement, activities etc.
- Exhibit thorough understanding of pertinent codes and governing regulations and industry practices, etc.
- Assist, as required, in the development of department standards and procedures.
- Assist with Quality Audits
- Field experience including troubleshooting, start-up, commissioning, etc. would be a plus