Commercial Manager (JO014876) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
We are recruiting for a Commercial Manager for one of our Clients ( POWER Sector )
Terms & Condition:
Work Location : UAE
Work Assignment : Direct Hire
Work Status : Resident,5 days a week / 8 hours a day
Purpose of the role
- Responsible for leading the development of valuation and modelling of the new businesses opportunities based on projected cash flows and expected returns as well as the effective negotiation and management of commercial terms with potential partners, EPC contractors, lenders, Insurance companies, third party advisors, etc.
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s in business administration, finance, or engineering
- 5 to 8 years of experience in P&W industry in which he/she held roles in business development activities
- Experience in working with JV partners and complex governance structures
- Experience in project finance and modeling
- Experience in contracts
- Proficiency in Arabic and other Languages
- Work with head of department to deliver growth and business sustainability strategy including, but not limited to, with short-term and mid-term initiatives, pipelines of new growth opportunities, market entry strategies, bidding strategies, partnership strategies, etc..
- Support head of department in planning, directing and managing business development activities and ensure the effective achievement of the business development strategy and objectives.
- Promoting and maintaining an effective relationship with the international developers, investment banking community, industry and technology providers, advisors, and relevant governmental authorities.
- Take responsibility for developing and maintaining a prospect database for projects, developers, EPC contractors, OEMs, costs, expected returns at different markets, etc.
- Assist in identification and appraisal of new project development opportunities.
- Manage the development activities through financial close for new power and/or water projects.
- Work with team and head of department on the processes from screening through to off-take contract signing.
- Lead the development of valuation and modelling of the new businesses based on projected cash flows and expected returns.
- Assist in evaluating the techno-economic feasibility for investments, acquisitions and mergers, and entering into long-term strategic partnerships.
- Lead the negotiation of commercial terms with potential partners, EPC contractors, lenders, Insurance companies, third party advisors, off takers, etc.
- Support in preparing, submitting and presenting to the management of COMPANY, investment committees, board of directors, an information memorandum contains the results of the assessment of a new business opportunity.
- Engage, when required, and lead business advisors for transaction due diligence, negotiation with partners, off takers, banks, etc.
- Act as bid manager (or project manager) or join bidding team (or project team) for new power and water opportunities such green fields, bids, extensions, expansions, acquisitions, exits, etc.
- Support portfolio management team in effectively managing commercials and contracts of COMPANY’s operating assets.
- Support portfolio management team in assessing the potential and refinancing COMPANY’s operating assets.
- Undertake additional assignments and projects as might be requested by the head of department.