Pipeline Engineering Specialist (JO015346) Doha, Qatar
We are currently looking for a Pipeline Engineering Specialist for one of our clients
Location of Assignment : ONSHORE - Doha, Qatar
Work Assignment : Contract Hire ( to work for the Client through MPH )
Contract Duration : December 2020 - 30 November 2022
Work Schedule : 6 days a week / 10 hours a day
Job Purpose :
- Develops and executes processes and procedures specifically aimed at ensuring CRA pipelines developed as part of Offshore project are designed and installed in a timely manner with the highest quality product that is safe for both Personnel and Process.
- Provides coordination of subsea cable design as related to installation and on-bottom stability activities.
- Ensures that technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during Detailed Design fully comply with project requirements.
- Bachelor degree in Metallurgy, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience in leadership positions related to pipeline design and installation, particularly for CRA pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of Pipeline and subsea cable design and lay engineering principles, theories, and concepts AND Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices
- Proven experience in working with EPC contractors on large capital projects.
- General understanding of pipeline Flow assurance design and requirements, including transient scenarios, hydrate mitigation options.
- Extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, appropriate safety criteria, offshore installation, construction and testing of CRA pipeline systems.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
Key Job Accountabilities :
- Develops, implements and maintains Pipeline Integrity Management system (PIMS) based on the best industry standards supported by computerized system for the management of Threats and Risks, Mitigation Plan, Discovery Management, Integrity Assessment and Performance Monitoring.
- Provides leadership and Pipeline expertise to EPC contractor, vendors and engineering subcontractors, as required, ensuring alignment on pipeline needs, objectives, and requirements through close liaison with PMT counterparts.
- Coordinates the preparation and stewardship of Pipeline contract deliverables and drives design of alternative studies, as required. Ensuring quality and timing of the Pipeline deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and is technically aligned with COMPANY Operations. Provides relevant data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for monthly progress reporting.
- Manages the timely delivery of technical deliverables for all Pipeline-related purchase orders and owns the Pipeline-related technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
- Manages Pipeline design in accordance with the project's change management program and owns the Pipeline schedule and critical milestones (procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc.); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
- Responsible for previous lessons learned knowledge and capturing and communicating lessons learned for the current project within the COMPANY.
- Assesses EPC contractor capability with respect to compliance with COMPANY policies for prevention of information brokering, business standards, guidelines, engineering and design procedures, processes and deliverables, staffing plans personnel suitability and adequacy, ensuring Pipeline or other technical support is available to address gaps.
- Ensures technical alignment with COMPANY Operations and that EPC Contractor is familiar with Pipeline execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements; project is adequately staffed; employs the appropriate Pipeline design tools, including computer hardware and software; adheres to all appropriate Pipeline specifications, standards and design verification processes; provides all contract documents and accurate progress measurement and reporting.
- Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.