BID MANAGER - TELECOMS
We’re exclusively recruiting for a leading IT & Telecommunications business located in Leeds who is looking to expand their operation by adding an experienced Bid Manager to the team. This long-established business has a strong product offering and is experiencing exponential year on year growth due to their clear strategic plan.
As a Bid Manager you’ll be responsible for submitted bids for both Tenders and Frameworks with the overall aim of winning 1 of every 3 submitted (This is currently being achieved) and expanding the number of frameworks. You’ll need current experience at Bid Manager level, ideally operating within the IT, Telecoms or Internet Service Provider (ISP) industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Bid Manager with industry experience to join a business that can offer a clear career path.
Location: Work From Home / Remote Work: Can be anywhere within the UK within reason, however, visits to Head Office in Leeds will be required every couple of weeks
Travel: This position will require regular travel throughout the UK to customers/partners and to Head Office
Package: Basic £40,000 to £55,000 + 8% of Base Car Allowance + Commission/Bonus of £15k to 25k Uncapped + Benefits.
THE BID MANAGER POSITION:
- Identify and target strategic contract opportunities
- Determine Win Strategy in conjunction with key company stakeholders and determine the appropriate level of commitment resource to successfully bid and win multiple bids
- Lead and own the Commercial proposition for the bid
- Lead, coordinate and author bid responses
- Own the quality assurance of bidding documentation
- Lead contract negotiations, including the handover to delivery units, setting up of appropriate commercial partnership agreements and underpinning contracts to support the contract deliverables
- Anticipate risk and mitigate this throughout the Bid to ensure a win/win scenario
- Attend conferences, seminars and exhibitions as required
- Delivering accurate bid forecast on a monthly basis and to the senior leadership team on a quarterly basis
- Developing and maintaining a 24-month pipeline of opportunities to support the delivery targets
- Providing business updates throughout the month
- Create, update and maintain customer contact records using the company CRM
- Adhere to defined sales best practises and guidelines
- Lead internal review process for bid sign off and submission with key stakeholders
- Create new content for bids and Frameworks.
- Bid lead and management of strategic opportunities
- Bid Library management
- Competitor bid reviews
- Ensure relevant references & case studies are maintained
- Create and maintain relevant draft cost matrices to support bidding
- Appropriate and cost-effective virtual team structure to deliver winning bids.
- Minimum of 3 Years’ experience as a Bid Manager,
- Ideally from the IT / Telecoms or Internet Service Provider (ISP) Industry but not essential
- Experience of deploying successful bid strategy
- Proven track record of winning strategic and complex bids
- Experience of managing supply chain partners to support bidding strategy
- Strong commercial skills and contractual knowledge
- Successful experience of negotiating partnerships, agreements and/or contracts
- The ability to think and act strategically; with customers and within the business
- Excellent verbal, written, numerical and presentation skills
TO APPLY: To apply for the Bid Manager position, please send your CV via the advert for immediate consideration. All applications are confidential.