Hadoop Admin/ Developer (3171912) New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Regulatory Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Deutsche Bank franchise and its clients.
In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way.
You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, developers and testers. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, focusing on using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a relentless focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to contribute to all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems, building high-performance systems to process large volumes of data, using the latest technologies.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work as part of a cross-functional agile team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine stories, design solutions, implement and test them
- Apply Behavior Driven Development techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing
- Write code and write it well. Be proud to call yourself a programmer. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it’s needed
- Help define the architecture of the components you are working on
- Help your team to build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Contribute towards a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- As an Assistant Vice President, you will be expected to lead others. For example in sharing knowledge, facilitating meetings and workshops, defining new designs and discovering new techniques. In some cases, it may also include elements of team leadership or line management
You will need:
- Previous relevant experience with CDH (Cloudera Distribution of Apache Hadoop)
- Must have development experience
- Prior Hadoop administration experience
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting HDFS, Hive, Yarn, Spark, Impala
- Experience with Unix scripting and SQL
- Experience with Kerberos and Sentry security on CDH
- Experience working in an agile team, practicing Scrum, Kanban or XP
- Development and/or DevOps experience with Hadoop a plus
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting experience on Oracle a plus
- We are happy to consider those with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, STEM subjects, other numerate disciplines, business and economics are beneficial for the role
- We also look favorably upon those with equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects