Application Support & Data Analyst - Assistant Vice President (3171911) New York, New York
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany’s leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity.
Regulatory Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Deutsche Bank franchise and its clients.
In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way.
Application and Process support experts are critical members of our cross-functional, agile delivery teams, alongside developers and analysts. You will take a leading role in ensuring that components set for delivery fit into a supportable and sustainable application architecture. You will bring critical thinking and a deep understanding of the craft of application management, including process review and root cause analysis of poorly performing processes. You will form the connective fabric between design and application, ensuring everyone considers supportability of the application to be part of their responsibilities and learns how to do it well.
We will ask a lot of you, but we will offer a lot in return. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that provides continuous growth and learning, with an emphasis on excellence and mutual respect.
Position Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work as part of an application support team (L3), collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyze and refine processes, support them in production and investigate failures
- Collaborate closely with users, analysts, developers and Level 1 & Level 2 application support teams to identify ways to improve and stabilize the applications performance
- Ensure that the team uses a test driven approach in all its work. Make sure we are building the thing right
- Investigate new ways of identifying subtle process failures through detective analysis
- Ensure defects are clearly documented and communicated to application development teams to ensure short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Share expertise in areas of data manipulation and analysis
- As an Assistant Vice President, you will be expected to lead others. For example in sharing knowledge, facilitating meetings and workshops, defining new designs and discovering new techniques. In some cases, it may also include elements of team leadership or line management
You will have substantial experience of how to support complex application implementations with follow the sun models, as well as firm knowledge of data manipulation in multiple environments:
- Experience with Unix Shell Scripting and Hadoop file manipulation
- Troubleshoot and process deconstruction for root cause analysis
- Experience using SQL or other query languages to explore and analyze data. Familiarity with Unix command line tools would also be useful
- Some programming skills – e.g. enough to read some code and make simple changes
- An ability to understand and propose process improvements for large and complex enterprises systems, containing multiple components, technologies, etc
- Strong analytical thinking to troubleshoot complex software application issues in multiple environments
- Scripting and ad hoc query skills needed to fulfill data requests and analyze data issues
- We are happy to consider those with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, STEM subjects, other numerate disciplines, business and economics are beneficial for the role
- We also look favorably upon those with equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects