Senior Corporate Rate Analyst (364618) Madison, Connecticut
Senior Financial Analyst – Rates and Forecasting is responsible for providing excellent service to our customers, shareholders and employees by successfully assisting with the preparation, filing and follow up of rates, regulatory and financial plan work. Works closely with the Finance and Accounting team to provide accurate and timely information and analysis for regulatory proceedings and the development and delivery of the company’s financial plan. As a member of the rate and regulatory team, will work closely with individuals across the organization to support the business needs and provide detailed financial data and analysis. Relies on broad experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Will provide data and analytics as requested and prepare materials for filing in regulatory proceedings, including general rate cases, acquisitions and recurring proceedings for surcharges or other adjustment mechanisms as needed. Will plan and assist with the execution of any changes resulting from a rate case or other regulatory proceeding and be responsible to monitor for compliance with orders issued in such proceedings, including the preparation and filing of materials as necessary.
- Understands regulatory process and requirements. Assist in rate case process by providing data and analysis and efficiently communicating with other departments and consultants on the requirements and needs. Acts as a liaison in the rate case by coordinating requests and ensuring timely and accurate completion of schedules and interrogatory responses.
- Works collaboratively with the finance and accounting team, compiling and analyzing data and models for the development of the financial plan which goes to the Board of Directors. Monitors and reports on the actual results in relation to the approved plan during the course of its implementation.
- Performs a wide variety of tasks related to the status of revenue, operation & maintenance and capital budgets and variances to those. Assists managers in understanding, analyzing and implanting their departmental budgets as needed.
- Provides supporting information to document the company financials and the risk of any potential actions related to a rate case or other regulatory proceedings.
- Performs financial analysis and modeling for the department and other areas of the business as needed, including coordination with the parent on financing and other matters that may impact multiple state operations.
- Provides the calculations for periodic return on equity reporting and other recurring PURA filing requirements.
- Supports the regulatory process for the issuance of debt, equity or other financings. Documents and monitors debt covenant compliance, making timely wire payments and reporting as may be required.
- Monitors PURA dockets and proceedings and assesses potential opportunities or impact on the Company.
- The position will exercise a high level of discretion, and understand and follow regulations related to confidentiality and compliance.