Senior Business Development Underwriter - Sports & Leisure (43562) Melbourne, Australia
|Salary:||+ Super and Bonus. Great Rem!|
Location: Melbourne CBD
Salary Package: Up to $180k - $200k + Super + Bonus
Allowing you to own your vertical, trust your judgement in a firm that invests in your decision making, be part of an ASX Listed business reporting to the Executive Leadership team to guide client growth strategy and market attack. This is a high-impact role that will be critical to business growth and shape the future of Sport and Leisure’s client book.
- Reporting to the National and State Manager, this Senior Development role will take ownership of building on the existing portfolio and provide exceptional client service.
- On monthly basis, you will provide analysis and commentary on monthly results and future projections.
- On a weekly basis, you will work alongside Distribution and Crisis Management teams to revise the framework and approach to market, leverage internal connections and focus on distribution and growth.
- On a daily basis you will be meeting with clients and brokers proactively to access new and previous clients and offer the product to market, constantly looking for growth opportunities for the ongoing offering, as the landscape of Sport & Leisure evolves. In your role will be tasked with building new connections, maintaining current relationships and contributing further leads to the wider business.
- Influence stakeholders both in person and through other channels (phone, email etc.)
- Work with leaders to design your strategy to achieve growth targets ontop of renewals with your existing portfolio.
- Leverage and expand your network (brokers, coverholders and clients/third parties) looking to constantly grow your distribution relationships
- Promote the brand actively, contributing to the industry through conferences and events, leveraging the opportunity to network and educate your target audience on specialist products/risks
- Support the interconnected teams including Distribution, the Sydney head and admin to keep updated on your clients operations
- Cross market other product lines, look for opportunities of growth and where possible, the idea for new products.
- You are a proven and experienced Underwriter, Development Manager or Account Manager within the Sport and Leisure field from a Liability perspective. This industry knowledge will allow you to hold credibility retain complex clients. You will be an effective communicator, excited to engage your stakeholders head on and be a driving force for strong performance and look to leverage internal relationships wherever possible.
- With your experience you will bring that to the wider team, helping where possible, elevating the divisions potential.
- A detail-orientated mindset is key when setting the teams vision, strategy to market and business plan to drive financial results. With this approach you will be have devised a client development philosophy ready to action, involving senior leadership who will back and trust your judgement.
Company, Culture & Benefits:
A globally known brand with a successful history operating in the Australian and wider APAC network, offering client development and warm intros that pride themselves on a boutique service aimed to fit any shape or size business – handling the medium and larger end of town.
Providing exceptional opportunities for career advancement and offering real ownership this is a role that holds long term potential ahead of the 3-5 year business plan.
- Grow your career – broaden your business acumen in a senior capacity, pathways to leadership through growing the Development team – you will be tasked with running point.
- Be rewarded for it! – The potential for over $240k Package + Bonus
- Elevate your brand in the field with a globally recognised market leader.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume by clicking the “apply” link below. The reference number for this role is MHSU43562. Please allow for 3 - 5 working days for us to process all the applications. All applicants will receive feedback from us, either via email or a telephone call.