Global Head of Risk Reporting, ED (1208048) London, England
Job title: Global Head of Risk Reporting
Corporate Title: Executive Director
This is a Director level role responsible for all matters related to financial risk reporting jointly to the Credit Risk & Market Risk COOs.
Key responsibilities of this role includes but is not limited to:
- Ownership & delivery of the Risk Reporting strategy to enhance & ensure the Risk reporting framework delivers timely, accurate & relevant MI for all stakeholders.
- Builds & develops the Global risk reporting team by instilling a positive delivery focused culture.
- Design, develop & deliver global reporting standards
- Challenge and provide input into the Board and Risk Committee decks to ensure a clear and simplified representation of information for senior management
- Design, build, document and maintain strong governance & oversight of the risk reporting processes.
- Represent Risk reporting across various global projects & initiatives ensuring reporting requirements are considered & delivered upon.
- Ownership of the relationship between risk reporting & 3LOD control functions, this role will be the key conduit between ORM, internal & external audit on all reporting matters, responsible for existing controls & delivery of any remediation plans.
- Ownership of the relationship between Risk IT to ensure the reporting strategy is delivered upon by improvement of the Risk technology stack including the build out of self-service tools for Risk Officers.
- Ownership of the daily BAU risk reporting production, working closely with production support & IT partners to manage and resolve issues if required.
- Support & co-ordinate regulatory responses across regions
- Ownership of the risk reporting policies & procedures.
- Close interaction with the heads of market and credit risk proactively supporting & contributing to ad-hoc tasks as needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of data modelling & key technology reporting concepts, including a familiarity with modern data visualization tools E.g. Business Objects, Power BI, Alteryx, Tableau, Python etc.
- Have good Market & Credit Risk domain knowledge
- Be proactive with a hands on approach and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Have the ability to work well under pressure and multitask
- Have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Have experience leading & managing teams across multiple locations remotely.
- Be able to critically analyse processes, procedures and policies in order to identify, propose and implement necessary enhancements.
- Have strong written, presentation & communication skills. Being able to clearly articulate the key messages to a busy management team is crucial.
The following skills are desirable:
- Regulatory experience, for example engagement on regulatory attestations, letters and ad-hoc information requests.
- Experience with managing large and complex projects which consider both technology and business operating model change.