Electrical Head (JO015674) Doha, Qatar
1. Leads electrical engineering design and planning activities and ensures EPC contractor develops detailed design in accordance with local regulatory requirements, industry standards, project specifications and any approved variations.
2. Resolve electrical discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses Project’s expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to Project Management when necessary.
3. Review technical aspects of electrical system purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of electrical systems to the existing operating facilities.
4. Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
5. Develop, update and amend design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Electrical Engineering are current and relevant.
6. Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met. Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps.
7. Coordinate and analyse discipline issues for resolution. Provide Electrical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary. Support commissioning and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on electrical matters.
8. Plan and schedule Electrical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule
9. Leads brownfield interface coordination with Company to develop detailed design and execution plans to tie-in to existing systems.
10. Contribute to Safety analysis studies and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making. Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.