Software Development Engineer (BBBH29692) Newark, New Jersey
- Our Client is seeking a Software Development Engineer possessing 2-6 years of professional software development experience, strong object oriented development skills and expertise in Java.
- Work independently on a small, agile engineering team and execute on your great ideas.
- Write amazing, maintainable & scalable code.
- Partner with product management to imagine, Design, Develop, Test, and Launch software that wows our community and inspires your peers.
- Be willing to explore and learn un-prompted. Bring problems AND solutions to the table.
- 2-6 years of professional software development experience or equivalent.
- Strong Object Oriented development skills.
- Expertise in Java.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals.
- Experience developing and maintaining robust high availability distributed software systems.
- Familiarization with AWS will be an advantage.
- A high-quality bar; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
- Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, enterprising and willing to take ownership.
- Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Michael at 646-688-5839 additional information.
Approx. Duration: Perm
About Hired By Matrix:
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a full service staffing and recruiting company that enables Fortune 200 and mid-market companies nationwide to achieve their strategic goals. Founded 29 years ago by CEO Sharon Olzerowicz, Hired by Matrix distinguishes itself as an exceptionally reliable partner whose industry knowledge and continuous pursuit of excellence allows the company to deliver the caliber of professionals who become our clients' most important assets. Our responsiveness, tenacity and know-how apply to all service delivery channels, from corporate procurement executives and hiring managers to Managed Service Providers (MSPs).
We recruit for a variety of job types including IT, Finance and Accounting, Administrative, Marketing, Clinical/Scientific & Human Resources. Our team of expert account managers along with our recruiters who specialize in a range of capabilities and niche disciplines, collaborate closely with our clients to understand their needs, corporate requirements and company cultures. Using this information, our teams build robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals that we manage, motivate and monitor throughout the life of the assignment resulting in successful matches, long contracts and repeat business.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.