Scientist (BBBH28839) Sleepy Hollow, New York
- Our Client, a leading chemical company, is seeking a Scientist possessing a Ph.D, in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related scientific field, extensive training and hands-on experience in materials characterization, operation and interpretation of LC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS, SFC; must have hands-on experience in analytical lab and know how to use instruments.
- Effectively provide analytical support to Various Business Units Using Multiple Techniques - HPLC, GC, LC/MS, GC/MS.
- Work closely with Business Unit personnel and Analytical staff to determine appropriate methodologies to quantify and/or characterize organic composition for numerous project areas including new product development, competitive analyses, trace analysis for production and sales support, customer/technical service and regulatory projects.
- Responsible for operating various LC, GC, MS instruments, performing analyses, interpreting data and writing reports.
- Safety and GLP Compliance.
- Ph.D, in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related scientific field, extensive training and hands-on experience in materials characterization, operation and interpretation of LC, LC/MS, GC, GC/MS, SFC. This lab works with various samples that are sent from other sites. Ideally PhD but will consider Master's with 5 year+ exp. Must have hands-on experience in analytical lab and know how to use instruments.
- Experience conducting laboratory operations under industry-standard safety guidelines is a must.
- Experience in a GLP environment is desirable
- Project experience, data & reporting skills are also needed.
- In-depth knowledge of Separation Science for quantitation of organic chemicals via multiple techniques including LC, GC, SFC.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with LC/MS, GC/MS.
- Lab skills in general analytical chemistry and quantitative analysis.
- Strong focus on customer and business needs is essential.
- Good communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Good skills in documentation and oral presentation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various priorities and deliver results in a timely fashion.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Michael Mulcahy at 201-226-3505 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client’s needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: http://bit.ly/HbMCareers