Depot Manager (BBBH76) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Depot Manager to work on a permanent basis for our very successful Logistics client. This role is based in Glasgow and reports into the Head of Operations.
My award-winning client has over 25 years of experience of delivering quality results. My client works with many different industries all over the UK with one of the largest general haulage fleets in Scotland.
The successful Depot Manager in Glasgow will manage the Lead, manage and motivate the team to ensure that its staff and assets are used effectively to attain maximum performance in terms of commercial contract efficiency, profit and client service levels.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop strategic plans to include continuous improvement with the Head of Operations and customer.
- Ensure customer service exceeds expectations through effective communication and achievement of KPIs.
- Anticipate and manage changes generated by business growth and changing customer requirements.
- Direct resources to ensure services are delivered in line with contractual customer requirements.
- Coordinate operations with depots or out-based locations to ensure consistency and quality of service is maintained throughout.
- Ensure processes are in place to exceed the customer’s requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to the operation, identify potential risks and opportunities and act accordingly to protect profit targets.
- Maximise the use of resources within the Contract by using assets efficiently by planning.
- Ensure that drivers develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
- Recommend continuous improvements in operational requirements as they affect transport operations.
- Ensure that the contracts operate within the limits of LGV legislation, drivers’ hours and vehicle maintenance.
- Company Safe Systems of Work must be observed and always followed. This includes maintaining standards of personal hygiene, as detailed in SSOW and Company Rules Book, especially always wearing of uniform and PPE.
- All Company Health & Safety policies and rules must be observed. You are responsible for ensuring that you do not put yourself or others at risk by your actions; you must report any hazards to your manager immediately.
Essential Skills required for Depot Manager:
- CPC holder
- Previous experience of working within logistics operations.
- Previous experience of developing strategic and continuous improvement plans.
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance, driver’s hours and WTD's.
- Leadership Skills.
- Track record of leading successful change.
- Proven experience in customer relationship management.
- Strong evidence of management skills and making key business decisions.
- Strong influencing skills both internally and externally.
- Capability to advise and motivate team to deliver results for the business.