Transport Manager (BBBH151) Kirkham, England
|GBP40000 - GBP45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
MRD Recruitment is delighted to be recruiting a Transport Manager on behalf of our Logistics client. My client is a global leader in their respective field. The Transport Manager is based in Durham and reports into the Group Transport Manager.
My client is a national wholesaler and distributor with a diverse fleet and depots across the UK.
The successful Transport Manager, based in Durham will ensure that all outbound vehicle deliveries are loaded correctly as per load manifest and safely in accordance with DVSA regulations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide a start of day brief to driving staff. First point of contact.
- Manage driver start times in line with scheduled routes ensuring the drivers loaded and on the road on time.
- Undertake driving duties as required.
- Liaise with the Company’s operation support team to ensure the efficient planning of customer deliveries and utilisation of delivery vehicles and drivers.
- Communicate and work with the central team providing feedback to improve route planning and efficient operations.
- Inspect, identify and report vehicle defects to ensure staff welfare and compliance with health & safety requirements.
- Driver Induction training as and when required.
- Vehicle maintenance checks. (Weekend)
- Agency driver checks/Inductions
- Liaise with vehicle maintenance contractors.
- Vehicle defect control.
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to.
- Vehicle movements
- Supervise and manage safe loading – Bars/straps/weight distribution. – where necessary.
- Vehicle Upkeep/Management
- Driver recruitment
- Driver discipline and involvement in related process to deal with matters as they arise.
- Full driver resource (daily) including weekends
- Stock control and warehouse duties as and when required.
- Key holder for site. Out of hours cover for site as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Experienced in multi-drop driving. May be required to provide cover
- Good communications skills and computer literate.
- Health & Safety awareness
- Tachograph Knowledge
- HGV Maintenance knowledge and maintenance planning
- Excellent communication skills.
- CPC required