Commodity Manager (BBBH38) Scarborough, England
|GBP45000 - GBP55000 per annum
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Commodity Manager to work on a permanent basis for our well renowned engineering client. You will be based in Scarborough. The successful Commodity Manager will directly report into the Head of Procurement.
With over 15 years of experience, my client is the leading engineering company in the UK within their respective field.
The successful Commodity Manager, based in Scarborough will be responsible to find and motivate the best suppliers in the world to partner with my client to provide the most reliable components with the most innovative technology at the most competitive total cost and to develop commodity strategies for the procurement of key body components.
- To develop best-in-class commodity strategies for the procurement of key body components
- To find new sources of supply which improve cost, quality, delivery and innovation
- To meet annual savings targets, improving bottom line profitability
- To build and develop strong, constructive relationships with key suppliers
- To improve supplier performance on cost and availability of supply
- To negotiate commercial and contractual terms with key suppliers
- To monitor and manage risk with all key suppliers, ensuring stability of supply
- To work alongside a team of buyers and procurement engineers
- To work closely with Design Engineering on Design for Cost and early supplier involvement in new product development
Job requirements for the Commodity Manager
- Extensive experience of commodity management – ideally in an engineering/manufacturing/fast-paced industry
- Extensive experience of strategic sourcing and procurement in a manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience of supplier relationship & performance management
- Excellent commercial & business acumen
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships - both internally and externally
- Ability to plan activities, meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Ability to make decisions quickly with limited time and information