Regional Operations Manager (BBBH140) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP35000 - GBP42000 per annum + Car Allowance and Bonus
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Regional Operations Manager to work on a permanent basis for our very successful Retail & E-commerce client. This role is based in Glasgow and reports into the Operations Director.
My client is of the UKs fastest growing retailers, within their respective field. They have multiple stores throughout Scotland. The successful Regional Operations Manager based in Glasgow will create an empowering environment that will be put your colleagues and customers at the heart of everything you do whilst driving sales and KPI performance in stores, throughout Scotland.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for Regional Operations Manager based in Glasgow:
- Ensure the region trades legally with health and safety at the forefront, with HSE policies being adhered to
- Training, coaching and developing your team. Ensuring that talent development is lived and breathed throughout
- Give your colleagues a voice by creating and holding effective listening groups
- Lead the change agenda ensuring agility to match the changing customer demands
- Keeping up with current trends, enabling you to deliver sales, costs and profit
- Developing and maintain the retail property/s to maximise floor space and overall appearance within budget.
- Account management – top customers in the region.
- Lead, manage, coach and inspire the motivation of the team to deliver the company goals for both in store and online
- Effectively manage the P&L within allocated budget to affect a profitable performance for the Area and Region
- Stock control – managing managers to make sure weekly stock related SOPs are completed.
- Coach managers on how to maximise sales, margin and reduce costs
- Manage cost controls by utilising and analysing relevant data and reports
- Clearly and concisely communicate business, regional and area objectives to the team so that they remain well informed of business activity and of their required contribution to targets
- Plan for succession in the Area and across the Region through the identification of individuals with potential for development and growth
- Recognise and reward outstanding performance
- Manage the payroll budget in line with area sales performance
- Inspire our teams to deliver excellent customer service which exceeds their expectations
- Empower and inspire managers and wider team to identify trends and make suggestions to improve and enhance performance to drive achievement i.e., develop new products to improve categories within each store and online.
- Provide strong commercial focus and business acumen to deliver and exceed company profit targets
Requirements & Skills for Regional Operations Manager based in Glasgow:
- Can influence and challenge to ensure the right business outcomes
- Can coach and guide to help achieve the required outcomes
- Can effectively manage and build stakeholder relationships.
- Are commercially astute and able to think innovatively and creatively to resolve problems or capitalise on opportunities.
- Possess strong commercial / financial and analytical skills
- Can communicate effectively at all levels and adapt your communication style to suit audiences and can engage and present in a variety of different forums.
- Previous multi-site Retail Area Management experience managing a turnover
- Self-motivated and inspirational leader with outstanding interpersonal and people management skills
- Proven track record of success and exceeding sales, profit and customer service KPI's
- P&L management experience is essential as is being able to contribute to profitability
- A confident decision maker and effective problem solver