Senior Operations Manager (BBBH51) Bellshill, Scotland
|GBP35000 - GBP45000 per annum
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Senior Operations Manager to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Bellshill and reports into the Head of Logistics.
My client is a UK leader in complex logistics by providing safe and secure transportation and services across the UK.
The successful Senior Operations Manager, based in Bellshill. Will be responsible for the profitable delivery of a devolved profit and loss account, within service and contract requirements, to deliver overall profitability and services.
Job requirements for Senior Operations, based in Bellshill
- Ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety for staff, partner agencies and those in our care.
- Manage the overall operation to meet profit targets within the devolved P&L account.
- Understand key profit drivers and direct all efforts to ensuring a profitable return.
- Understand the operation, the planning process and all other business system processes and ensure consistent application of SOPs across the Area.
- Achieve service standards as stipulated in the contract.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and policies in relation to fleet management.
- Liaise with Logistic Centre Operations Managers to ensure appropriate vehicle deployment from site.
- Develop excellent understanding of the contract to ensure best value for the company.
- Manage, motivate and lead employees to maximise their performance and productivity.
- Ensure all employees working in your area of responsibility are fully aware of company policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Work as part of the regional team towards the achievement of the Region and corporate objectives.
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- People management experience
- Able to operate effectively in a multi-site environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety legislation
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques
- Driving Licence
- Computer literacy- Experience in Paragon advantageous
- Self-motivated and tenacious
- Highly confident in challenging the status-quo to positively influence and support achievement of business objectives