Programme Advisor – Inclusion and gender (SRO) Amman, Jordan
The objective of this support is to strengthen the integration of gender and inclusion into the programmes’ activities and results. Under the supervision of the PDQ Director the Programme Advisor – Inclusion and Gender will provide strategic leadership in designing gender and inclusion action plan as well as ensuring full integration amongst the different thematic areas such as education, CP, FSL, MH-PSS, Health/Nutrition, WASH and Durable Solutions. The Programme Advisor – Inclusion and Gender will also work very closely with the NBD Manager to ensure proposals are inclusive of gender and other cross cutting issues. While he/she will not have supervisory responsibilities, he/she will work closely with key members of the Area offices in the three hubs leading integration of G&I into the programmes’ work.
- Lead the design and review of the existing Gender and Inclusion Action Plans to ensure they are practical, realistic and relevant given the programme scope and socio-cultural context;
- Ensure the analysis, evaluation and adaptation of existing programme protocols, tools, techniques and resources from the point of view of gender and inclusion;
- Lead in the design of projects that demonstrates integration and addresses all cross-cutting issues
- Develop, organize and lead workshops and trainings on gender and inclusion for field staff as necessary
- Lead on the design and review of programme/project proposals as required in coordination with NBD Manager
- Provide back stop support to Heads of Programme at Area office level
- Lead the monthly programme review meetings with heads of programme, Tas and Specialists from Area offices.
- Support in the review of final reports and ensure gender and other inclusion elements are properly articulated
- Participate as needed in donors’ meetings and other external engagement
- Monitoring quality implementation and provide support on ad hoc request from the programme team in the field
Qualifications and experience
At least five – seven (5- 7) years’ experience in programme advisory, gender or inclusion work.
- Experience in proposal writing.
- Proven experience in managing partners, engaging authorities and civil society
- Experience in facilitation, presentation and coordination skills
- Strong writing and communications skills in English
- Arabic speaker
- Experience in the Syria context
Contract length: 5 months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.