Graphic Design Consultant (SRO) Amman, Jordan
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
A Graphic Design Manager is expected to explain the reality of the humanitarian situation for children and families living in Al Hol Camp in the Annex in illustrations. The project will include providing SCI with powerful concepts for the illustration series, create Storyboards or a story line based on the agreed script, create a series of comic illustrations with text (copy) for some situations that happen in the Annex in Al Hol Camp in both languages (Arabic and English) In addition to supervising the process of data analysis, illustration and translation of content into va isually appealing product and creating the layout of the comic book.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Advocacy, Media and Communications Director.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Support the SRO to develop a series of illustrations and visuals, which are gconsequently going to be developed into a comic book, that illustrates the activities and reality of the Annex in Al Hol camp which might be incorporated in the Syria advocacy and campaigns strategy.
- Be the focal point for the comic book project and manage the creative processes to create its content, visuals, illustrations and layout which will help support programme teams to incorporate the comic book into child-led campaigning and advocacy activities.
- Address Syrian children needs and challenges in Al Hol – The Annex using illustrations and visuals that are directly related to education, child protection, MHPSS, security and future challenges.
- Identify key advocacy opportunities and targets at local and national levels, to mobilize programmes and support advocacy efforts.
- Ensure strong linkages between families’ and Syrian children’s challenges, stories, numbers and data analysed with the visuals created for the comic book.
- Illustrate and produce a layout of the comic book as an advocacy product for use at national and regional levels.
- Ensure the inclusion of valid and up to date stories, figures, messages and activities in the artwork (Book, visuals and illustration)
- Support the SRO identification and relationship building with key stakeholders for advocacy at the local and national level
- Support the AMC team with high quality visuals, illustrations and book design
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- High level of both spoken and written English and Arabic.
- University degree or equivalent experience design and visual communications or fine arts (Graphic design, illustration and layout).
- At least four years of professional experience on protection, humanitarian policy, campaigns or advocacy work in humanitarian/conflict settings
- At least 6 years of experience in branding and visual deign work
- Experience and understanding of the in-Syria and regional Syrian crisis
- Previous INGO experience
- Previous research experience
- Save the Children previous experience is a plus
We are interested in hearing from you if you have experience of working in a similar role in an emergency or you can demonstrate experience of working in similarly complex countries or environments (please outline this in your cover letter).
We offer candidates a competitive salary package which includes both medical insurance, accommodation and other benefits for the duration of their contract.
To apply, please send a covering letter along with up-to-date CV, in English to the link provided. Please note: due to the critical nature of this recruitment, applications will be reviewed as they are received and successful candidates contacted on an on-going basis.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.