Production Test Engineer (BBBH14356) Bolton, England
|Salary:||GBP34 - GBP37 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Production Test Engineer
on an initial 12-month contract. As the Production Test Engineer, you will play a vital role in supporting testing and diagnostics of electrical/electronic sub-systems and circuit cards during the production phase of the product lifecycle. You will use your experience to provide technical support to the manufacturing test capability, to ensure programme targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements. You will be working with a small team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment.
Role: Production Test Engineer – Electronics
Pay: Up to £37 per hour Via Umbrella
Contract: 12 Months contract
Hours: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week. Hybrid, working available, minimum of 3 days onsite.
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Providing test engineering support to operators on the shopfloor, including supporting the introduction of new test equipment.
- Testing and diagnosing complex electrical/electronic systems, sub-assemblies and circuit cards down to component level.
- Generating test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports - based on higher-level requirements and information.
- Promptly identifying remedial and corrective actions to allow Manufacturing to continue in line with the programme, following production test failures.
- Supporting meetings with Quality and Operations to provide status updates on Test Engineering actions and investigations.
- Minimum HNC level of Engineering qualifications or equivalent.
- Good understanding of digital and analogue electronic measurement and test principles, and fault diagnosis techniques, with demonstrable experience down to component level.
- Awareness of electrical/electronic sub-system and system design, integration and test principles.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports.
- Ability to plan and organise one's work according to assigned priorities.
- Knowledge of RF and Microwave technology at the subsystem level.
- Experience in operating manual and automated test equipment in an Electronics Manufacturing environment.