Buyer (BBBH14939) Newport, Wales
|Salary:||GBP34 - GBP35 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Buyer on an initial 12-month contract. Ideally we are looking for a Strategic Buyer still with Contract Negotiation Skills, and candidates who have procurement services within engineering and facilities management. The buyer will be fully integrated in the Procurement organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring goods and services on behalf of Client procuring services for Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Customer Services, Research & Technology, across all Client’s divisions. The Buyer will lead procurement activities within the Engineering Services Procurement Sub-Commodity in the United Kingdom.
Pay: £35 per hour Umbrella
Contract: Monday- Friday, 35 hours per week, 12 months contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Current/Transferable SC Clearance preferred
- To Manage the sourcing activity for Engineering Services required by major programmes for Client in the UK
- Management of call for tenders and contractual negotiation to achieve the best purchasing conditions in accordance within Company requirements (Internal - External)
- Monitoring the contract during innovation, development, serial and support phases with suppliers and Company stakeholders to achieve throughout the contract life cycle a complete application of terms and conditions to ensure suppliers deliver the expected performance in all dimensions (Logistics, support, quality, cost.)
- Managing the day to day relationships with suppliers and running projects to optimise customer value, while minimising total cost of ownership & risks
- Being an active part and contributing to the Multi-Functional Team which includes Procurement, Engineering, Programme, Security, Commercial & Contracts, Ethics & Compliance all along the tendering, contracting and contract life cycle phases.
- Degree in Engineering and/or Business School
- Excellent communication skills at negotiation level
- Customer focused and solution oriented
- Autonomous and self-motivating professional who likes to work in a dynamic and collaborative team
- Requires awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity
- Hybrid working available, 3 days onsite, 2 days WFH.
- Regular travel to other company sites including Portsmouth, Filton and Stevenage