Test Equipment Design Engineer (BBBH14704) Stevenage, England
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Test Equipment Design Engineer on an initial 12-month contract. As the Test Equipment Design Engineer, you will be developing and designing Test Equipment solutions for the next generation of defence products.
Role: Test Equipment Design Engineer
Pay: Competitive Package
Location: Stevenage- Potential Hybrid working available
Contract: 12 Months contract
Hours: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week.
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: SC Clearance
- To provide support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
- It will require complete management of the technical change through the engineering change process.
- To solve potentially complex technical problems from cradle to grave through the use of structured problem-solving techniques.
- Wide ranging technical background with exposure from system level down to component level within numerous technical disciplines; including EMC, RF, Digital & Analogue, Video and Power supplies.
- Taking an active role in maintaining and modifying relevant engineering processes and procedures. Also working closely with managers to develop team improvements.
- Working across multiple projects and developing solutions for products at differing stages of maturity including prototyping, production, and end-user equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to create and maintain working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent understanding of: Digital and Analogue Electronics (new and old) – Wiring diagrams and schedules - Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of: Instrument communication systems (GPIB /Lan / BCD) - Power control, power switching and supply regulation from DC to 3 phase - Interlock and safety related circuits on mechanical and electrical machines and safe working with low to medium power RF signals.
- Basic Understanding of: RF measurement techniques and equipment - Boundary scan (JTAG) test, diagnostics, and programming - Firmware coding.
- Related competence in one or more of the following: The use of CAE Design tools - Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams - Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents - Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations
- Experienced Engineer in the design, integration, and validation of test solutions for electronic/electromechanical equipment and systems.