Cable/Harness Design Engineer (BBBH14895) Stevenage, England
|GBP37.93 - GBP48 per hour
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Cable/Harness Design Engineer on a 6-month contract. You will be working within their growing Interconnects team, designing bespoke electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in their products. To do this you will need to interpret sub-system requirements and, from these, generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions utilising Zuken E3. The role also demands the candidate provide assistance, guidance, and issue resolution for E3 users and the ability to utilise & integrate Zuken E3 throughout the product development lifecycle.
Role: Cable/Harness Design Engineer
Pay: Up to £48 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: 6 Months Contract
Hours: Monday- Friday, 35 Hours per week,
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: Must already have current transferrable SC. Position for UK Nationals only.
Individuals will need to have demonstrable experience in cable/harness design, including:
- A minimum 2-5 years’ experience in the use of E3. Cable and related products (E3.Formboard/ E3.3D Transformer beneficial).
- A proven ability to define, deploy, and refine processes and best practices within E3. – including electrical topology, wiring schematics and 2D manufacturing drawing processes and standards.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver technical instruction to E3 users.
- Thorough understanding of product data management and change management within Windchill or similar.
- The ability to design cable assemblies based upon electrical constraints such as current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements.
- An appreciation of cable assembly production/process engineering.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of PTC CREO Cabling would be beneficial.
When applying please make sure your CV gives a detailed account of examples for the points above, especially the use of E3. Cables and related products.