Technical Services Configuration Engineer (BBBH15084) Oxfordshire, England
|GBP34 - GBP35 per hour
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Technical Services Configuration Engineer on an initial 12- month contract. The team provides sub-contracted services related to the continuing airworthiness management of military aircraft and carried out to a high-level standard of compliance.
Role: Technical Services Configuration Engineer
Pay: £35.00 per hour via Umbrella
Location: Brize Norton, full time onsite
Hours: Monday- Friday,
Contract: 12-month Contract
Security Clearance: BPSS+SC clearance
- Compliance with all applicable Regulatory Articles (RAs) and Atlas processes
- Maintaining Configuration Control, of the UK A400M fleet by:
- Identifying configuration issues and ensuring remedial action is taken as required
- Ensuring configuration control of aircraft undergoing base maintenance activity away from main operating base.
- Liaising and coordination with the Long Term Planning Engineers to ensure all aircraft Service Bulletins / Modifications are controlled, planned and managed correctly.
- Liaising and coordination with Fleet Tasking and Availability Management team (FTAM) to ensure aircraft configuration is included within the Flying Programme
- Liaising with CAMO Technical Service Engineers and Aircraft Manager Engineers
- Attendance and participation to the Local Technical Committee Meeting
- Calculation and issue of new / updated aircraft Weight & Balance sheets
- Liaising with Material Supply to ensure effective planning of all SBs and modification requirements.
- Validation of SB´s data in Maintenance Data System (MDS)
- Managing projects and assignments as directed by the Tech Services Manager
- Conduct investigations as request by the CAMO Reliability Engineer
- Support and contribute to any continuous improvement programme
- Entering and maintaining data in the MDS Database relating to the A400M.
- Clear communication and written skills and the ability to work within a small, multi-tasking, multi-national team are essential.
- Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification. Applicants who do not satisfy the qualifications, but can demonstrate adequate practical experience, may be considered.
- Experience in a technical Continuing Airworthiness Management role is strongly desirable.
- Experience of the aircraft operational environment is strongly desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins process.
- Detailed knowledge of EASA Part M Subpart G regulations
- A working knowledge of MRP Part M Subpart G regulations
- Good IT skills.
- MDS previous experience strongly desirable.
- Attention to detail and ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Customer focused and proactive attitude.
- Flexibility and diplomacy.
- Willingness to travel on an occasional basis.
- Hold a UK passport or a passport issued by a country with which A400M has an export control license.
- Able to satisfy the security clearance requirements necessary for access to a UK military establishment, and work in a security sensitive environment.