Process Engineer (BBBH14545) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP33.59 - GBP33.59 per hour|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Process Engineer (Precision Assembly) on an initial 12– month contract. As the Process Engineer you will be a technical MAIT focal point for all Manufacturing Engineering activities, associated with Propulsion Pipework Installations and orbital TIG welding in a cleanroom environment. You will need a good understanding of the use of orbital welding heads for welding on small bored pipework systems including Titanium and Stainless Steel.
Role: Process Engineer
Pay: £33.59 per hour via Umbrella (20% uplift when working shifts)
Contract: Monday- Friday, 37 Hours per week, 12 Months Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Security Clearance: BPSS
- Responsible for the ME production planning, based on robust processes and procedures. Responsible for maintaining reliable and consistence process outputs.
- Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technical teams and designers
- Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
- Produce work instructions & process plans based on project requirements and identify parts, tooling & resources
- Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving and owning Practical Problem Solving.
- Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all stakeholders
- Ensure interaction between all supporting functions to remove non-quality.
- Support to R&D / R&T for process developments and new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
- Ensure maintenance of specifications associated with these processes and training module creation.
- Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
Essential Experience Required:
- A minimum of HNC level in Mechanical Engineering or Materials discipline
- A knowledge of welding metallurgy and NDT techniques
- A knowledge of clean small bore gas pressure systems and gas flow rates controls
- A proven analytical mindset. Able to assess existing processes and identify logical steps and documented controls for improvements
- A background in an aerospace engineering environment,
- High level technical skills and relevant experience
- Able to work with digital systems to manipulate 3d models using the CAD system (3DX), create work instructions (Delmia) and sign-off change actions
- Good team working and team leading skills.
- Practical and proactive.
- Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
- Good planning skills and process competence (MRP system experience an advantage).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good time management.
- Driving build quality through a continuous improvement approach
- Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical engineering and systems, including but not limited to:
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
- Production planning.
- Quality controls and check points
- Mechanical handling of equipment.
- Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the “on call” rota process, as and when required.
- A good understanding of spacecraft propulsion and manufacture/build philosophies
- Clean room experience
- Mechanical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment