Software Engineer (BBBH14629) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP48.72 - GBP65 per hour|
An opportunity has arisen with our award-winning client for a Software Engineer to join them on a 12-month contract. They are looking for a forward thinking and talented Software Engineer passionate about creating high quality software. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team with great balance of new ideas and in-depth experience, who is starting an exciting phase of transforming the way a top defence company develops and delivers software. Putting the engineers at the heart of the transformation whilst developing software that facilitates testing across the whole of the product portfolio.
Role: Software Engineer C++
Pay: Up to £65 per hour via Umbrella
Contract: 12 Months, could be extended.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Current/Transferable SC required.
- Designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components.
- Working with a wide range of teams and stakeholders to deliver test software capability of products from early concept to production
- Exploring and experimenting with new implementations and technologies to meet the ever challenging customer requirements
- Challenging and implementing real change when opportunities arise in the way the software is developed both within test software and the wider software community
- Embracing Agility and delivering value to the company giving you are real sense of achievement
- Working in a Software Engineering office / lab environment engaging with test equipment and electronic circuitry.
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture while empowering our exciting transformation initiative. We are keen to learn from new people passionate about building high performing teams. We therefore invite self-motivated, passionate, adaptable and proficient software engineers to apply for this role.
- Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Previous experience working in an agile development team.
- A strong understanding of what is required to create high quality software and the ability to support quality practices
- Knowledge and experience of NI TestStand is desirable
- Knowledge of electronics measurement and debug techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553
- Can articulate the benefits of key software craftsmanship practices like unit testing and good design
- Someone who is comfortable with change and understands the importance of continuous improvement within a modern software development team.
- Experience of Test Driven Development within a software engineering context and comfortable with practices like pair programming and lightweight design modelling
- A good understanding of automation, continuous integration and DevOps principles and practices desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Chance to join a friendly, motivated team and play a part in its evolution.
- Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the entire engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- To input and shape how Software is developed by introducing new development techniques and tools
- Working closely with our colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy, so there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
- Great personal development opportunities through various learning and development initiatives to keep your skills at the forefront of software engineering
- A supportive working environment enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
- Working at the sharp end of product development and production, enabling the development and delivery of our world leading products to customers.