Design Engineer (BBBH15170) Broughton, Wales
|GBP38 - GBP44 per hour
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a Design Engineer on an initial 12- month contract. The job holder will be responsible for conducting design investigations and formulating technical solutions for a range of tasks.
Role: Design Engineer
Pay: £38-£44 per hour via Umbrella
Location: Broughton, full time onsite
Hours: Monday- Friday,
Contract: 12-month Contract
Security Clearance: BPSS+SC clearance
- Modifications to the Type Design
- Investigating design queries, and managing manufacturing non-conformance, ensuring that all Design, Airworthiness and safety requirements are met
- Where appropriate liaising with other functions to ensure a fully integrated design solution.
- Act as the link between Engineering and Manufacturing, ensuring co-design solutions which are suitable for the industrial system whilst maintaining an engineering and most important customer perspective
- Strong support is required to drive on-going continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency through methods, process and other capability improvements, where applicable ensuring a robust lesson learnt and feedback process is maintained.
- Reporting will be required on critical technical issues through functional management.
- Provide on-site reactive & proactive ‘lineside’ build support and act as the focal point for Engineering topics within the Plant, including root cause analysis investigations into all abnormalities arising from design queries.
- Motivated and self-driven with the ability to work autonomously when required, whilst being a strong team player.
- Deliver reliably on time, cost and quality whilst embracing change and challenge when appropriate.
- Anticipation mindset, able to identify risks/opportunities and manage them appropriately.
- Understand and synthesise multiple complex activities, simplify and communicate them clearly, on a timely basis, to all stakeholders as needed.
- Innovative mindset, able to think freely with a degree of curiosity to explore new or alternative ideas and approaches.
- Work in an open and trusting environment.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to use CATIA V5 proficiently.
- Industry recognised design signatory delegation (T200, Design Approval, Design Authorisation) desirable.