Talent Development Manager (BBBH195) Oldham, England
|GBP55000 - GBP65000 per annum + bonus and excellent pension
My global FMCG client is hiring a Talent Development Manager, based in Oldham. This is a key leadership role within the EMEA team and you will report directly into the HR Director. The Talent Development Manager will connect with all areas and levels of the business within Learning, Talent, Capability, Engagement and DE&I. This Talent Development Manager, based in Oldham will lead the strategy development in each of these areas through to the execution, enabling a learning and inclusive culture, with the talent and capabilities needed to deliver the business objectives.
The Talent Development Manager role plays a key part in creating an environment where every colleague has the ability to achieve their potential. The ideal candidate will have strong experience and expertise in Talent Management, L&D, a solid understanding of HR practices and excellent communication skills. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established global FMCG business, to help shape our Talent agenda and play a key role in achieving this purpose.
Key Responsibilities for Talent Development Manager, based in Oldham;
- Key senior leadership role within the HR team, operating closely with the HR Director.
- Lead the development of the Learning, Talent, DE&I and Engagement strategy and translate into a delivery plan, with key measurable outcomes.
- Establish and embed a learning culture across the EMEA Operation to support and enable every colleague to perform at their best.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partners and Business Leaders across all teams to develop and grow a continuous learning culture.
- Build a Leadership development framework that aligns with the business culture, strategy and future ambitions to grow the Leadership talent and capability.
- Develop and embed a future fit way of learning, through agile practices and adopting a digital approach to learning.
- Create and embed practical and tailored development programmes to ensure the business has the necessary skills in place to deliver the business agenda and to help each colleague achieve their potential.
- Coordinate the implementation of all Learning and Development activity across the business to maximise impact and return on investment, linking in with learning resources in each of the business areas.
- Lead the Performance, Talent and Succession planning processes, embedding this within the business and developing the leadership capability to deliver this successfully.
- Design and execute on specific DE&I initiatives that support the achievement of the longer term DE&I goals. Working closely with the recruitment partners to build a representative workforce.
- Manage the Learning and Talent systems to ensure they are used effectively and updated as and when appropriate.
- Work with the HR Business Partners to identify and grow the talent pipeline developing the next generation of managers and leaders.
- Lead Talent Management processes including the Performance cycle, Development Planning and Succession Planning.
- Lead the Engagement feedback approach and use insights to influence HR and Learning strategy.
- Develop a framework to grow leaders at all levels, ensuring they are equipped with technical, behavioural and Leadership capability.
- Identify key HR metrics to enable decisions to be made based on data and insight.
- Bring external insight relevant to the role to ensure our approach remains relevant and fit for the future.
- Provide solutions for MI and reporting requests including developing monthly dashboards
- To build effective working relationships with people managers across the business
- Support recruitment as and when required, leading on competency-based questions
- Support with the implementation of key HR projects in relevant business areas
- To undertake ad hoc projects as and when required
We would love to hear form you if you have;
- Proven experience in leading Talent Management practices and a track record of delivering successful outcomes.
- A strong understanding of industry-leading best practices and experience of bringing these into an organisation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage stakeholders, including senior leadership teams, management, and the HR leadership team.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and utilise Talent Management data to drive decision-making and inform strategic planning.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to positively challenge managers and decision makers in an organisation and influence change whilst maintaining relationships
- Methodical in approach with excellent planning skills with the flexibility to adapt to new priorities
- Have the ability to perform a variety of duties while being resourceful and maintaining flexibility
- Promote a proactive, positive culture in the HR team and within the company
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast moving performance driven environment
- Champion and embrace change
- Ability to influence and challenge decision makers
- Positive role model with ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation with a positive attitude to work
- CIPD Qualified
This position comes with a highly competitive salary, excellent pension and bonus.