Head of Logistics (BBBH77) Bellshill, Scotland
|GBP60000 - GBP65000 per annum + company car & bonus
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Head of Logistics to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Bellshill and reports into their Director of Operations.
My client is a UK leader in their respective specialist field and take pride in providing the the very highest level of customer service.The successful Head of Logistics based in Bellshill will receive a competitive salary, a company car/car allowance and the chance to join our great team.
You will be part of the senior leadership team and be responsible for delivering service across all operations within Scotland, whilst ensuring you maximise levels of effectiveness and efficiency of resources. The Head of Logistics will lead the team and ensure the team is fully equipped to deliver what is required.
This role will also be a focal point for future logistical innovation and implementation of new technologies and be required to implement a significant change programme across the Logistics function.
Key responsibilities include;
- Optimal planning and management of the people resources required to deliver service thereby ensuring operational performance and achievement of KPI targets.
- Continually driving and embedding service delivery improvements.
- Managing and mitigating operational and financial risk.
- Continually developing cost reduction initiatives that improve competitiveness within the market place.
- Ensuring the operation has the capacity, capability and employee engagement to fully support field-based operational teams.
- Developing and managing key relationships internally and externally, including regular interaction with customers.
- Delivering the Logistics function transition plan.
My client is looking for the following;
- Extensive operational management experience.
- Project/Change management experience.
- Experience of designing and building a resilient operational function.
- Comfortable with a high-pace, target-driven working environment, which requires decision-making in real time.
- Senior leadership experience within a service-led organisation.
- Significant experience of working within a short lead-time environment.
- The ability to influence change and operational improvement within a diverse business.
- Confident in challenging the status-quo to positively influence business objectives.
- Operational problem solving.
- Financial, commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent analytical, organisation and planning skills.
- Commercial negotiation.
- Strategic planning and tactical implementation.
- People management, communication and leadership skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate at pace and to lead the team to do similarly.
- Motivated and flexible.