Procurement Category Manager (Indirect) (BBBH180) Grangemouth, Scotland
|GBP50000 - GBP60000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
My global client based in Grangemouth is recruiting for a Procurement Category Manager (Indirect). You will play a key role in the delivery and support of the growth in the business and you will be responsible for;
- Developing procurement strategies through engaging relevant stakeholders and award of engineering services contracts to support the business that will achieve best value for the business, including partnering with to maximise group leverage possibilities
- Ensuring that security of supply for services is maintained safely, to the correct technical specification and on schedule to meet operational requirements; and providing expert advice on procurement related risks, including in depth market knowledge both commercial and technical.
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to secure best commercial terms based on agreed specifications and demand to ensure best value for money.
- Ability to review / assist detailed cost submissions and challenge cost submissions to ensure final account valuations match the contract intent, when required; and negotiating claims and application of liabilities following dispute on service provision.
The Procurement Category Manager (Indirect) based in Grangemouth will possess the following;
- Have significant previous purchasing / commercial / contractual experience in a large complex manufacturing environment; and experience in at least 2 of the following commodities: Mechanical services, Scaffolding Insulation Painting services, Industrial Cleaning services, Electrical & Instrumentation services, Engineering services, Tankage work.
- Have expert, advanced negotiation skills and techniques with a deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts in order to demonstrate transparency and overall value.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable with communications between engineers, planners, project managers, procurement specialists and suppliers.
- Have a good working knowledge and skills of MS Office tools including Excel, Word etc.
- MCIPS qualified / equivalent chartered membership.