Depot Manager (BBBH213) Port Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP60000 - GBP75000 per annum + Bonus
MRD Recruitment is actively looking for a Depot Manager to work on a permanent basis for our Logistics Client. This role is based in Port Glasgow and reports into the Regional General Manager.
The successful Depot Manager, based in Port Glasgow, will be responsible for all financial aspects of the Depot, by managing the Weekly Profit and Loss of the depot which includes both the Transport and Warehouse functions.
Job Requirements for the Depot Manager, based in Port Glasgow:
- Manage & support an effective operational process, which ensures integrity of customer / supplier’s service requirements.
- Manage commercial aspects of a transport operation to meet profit and service/quality targets.
- Uphold and maintain highest standards of Health & Safety
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs with the ability to provide adequate cover at a planning level.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner
- Build and develop customer relationships on a day-to-day basis
- Input and verify the figures into the WPE’s (weekly profit estimates)
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports
- Work in tandem with partner depots and drive synergies.
- Complete accident reports and be able to update risk assessments, contributing to a positive safety culture
- Support the personal development of all people employed on the Depot. Carry out performance reviews with the operational management team, identifying training needs
- Create an effective working environment building a diverse, well- balanced team.
- Financial and Budget responsibilities
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experiences for the Depot Manager, based in Port Glasgow:
- Be commercially astute to manage all financial matters pertaining to the smooth operations of the depot
- To be proactive and work under own initiative to form solutions to potential problems with the ability to make decisions instantaneously
- Strong negotiating and reasoning skills
- IT Literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Highly competent and strong organisational ability
- Fully competent in the management of health & safety (IOSH trained)
- The ability to motivate a team