Senior Global Logistics Manager (BBBH164) Glasgow, Scotland
|GBP60000 - GBP80000 per annum + plus excellent benefits
My global 3PL/4PL client is an expert and market leader within their respective field. They are looking to recruit a Senior Global Logistics Manager, based in Glasgow with the option of home working. My client provide unrivalled customer experience and pride themselves on delivering excellent service. They operate in a fast moving environment with a customer base, predominately within the Tech and Telecommunications sector.
My client is looking for a dynamic, tenacious and experienced Senior Global Logistics Manager, based in Glasgow or home-working. You will take ownership and lead on the design, systems and processes within their global warehousing footprint and govern regular metrics across all sites within the warehousing environment. This role requires a Senior Global Logistics Manager, who is adept to the complexities of all aspects of warehouse automation solutions, WMS and integration design and performance as well as robust experience in fulfilment and distribution.
The Global Senior Logistics Manager will focus on innovation of new processes, automated systems and optimisation of all warehousing deliverables within sites to firstly drive cost reduction throughout to meet corporate goals and objectives, and in parallel providing a function that delivers a high quality service to operations and customers to deliver continued business growth on existing and new customer markets.
This position reports to the Global Supply Chain Director and key responsibilities include;
- Own and Lead a strategy for development and continuous improvement of the warehouse function end to end across 10 sites, across 3 regions.
- Prioritise, lead and deploy projects and programs where biggest efficiency opportunities show.
- Provide leadership to Identify, quote and implement optimal warehouse automation systems/technologies.
- Review existing warehouse organisation structures and layout designs and define optimal conditions that maximise space utilisation and workforce efficiency
- Collaborate with various corporate functional groups at senior level as well as site operational warehousing teams that will be delivering on your direction.
- Overseeing and establishing global health and safety policies, auditing and ensuring equipment maintenance standards/records are maintained
- Evaluate warehouse equipment stock/spend and the procurement procedures across the globe and standardise where applicable on vendors/equipment types.
- As owner of the global cycle count policy, ensure all facilities are complying with the policy and delivering cycle count results
- Responsible to delivery reporting of monthly cycle count KPI’s across all sites
- Audit sites warehousing and inventory control annually
- Drive tactical action plans with site warehousing managers on KPI’s and audit gaps
- Assist sites in PI preparation and reconciliation techniques
- Global SME on warehousing and IC and as such the point of contact for resolving site queries on procedures/processes/training matter
This position reports to the Global Supply Chain Director and further skills and competencies required;
- 5 years + extensive warehouse management experience in a world class international environment
- Established experience of WMS and warehouse automation systems/technologies and specifications is a distinct advantage
- Strong understanding and influence of systems solutions
- Innovative with solutions in the functional area
- Excellent MS Office and particularly Excel skills required
- Excellent communication skills that can build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from executive management to site operations teams
- Established remote working capability and methodology where goal is to influence, inspire and unite warehouse teams to be best in class
- Demonstrated ability on warehouse optimisation projects and cost savings
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field
- Continuous improvement mindset with good understanding of Lean
- Ability to understand the company business strategy and generate change in the function to align with that strategy
- Performance orientated with a keen commercial focus
- Highly analytical with strong data management knowledge
- Experienced user of excel and other database systems
- Effective governance of warehousing policies and IC KPI’s
- The position requires circa 50% travel dependant on location of the successful candidate