Simulation & Modelling Engineer (BBBH13983) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP65 - GBP65 per hour|
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join them on a 12-month contract. This role is for an experience Simulation and Modelling Engineer to work within a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project. Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of my clients complex guided weapon systems products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process:
- Models to support initial feasibility and concept proving studies.
- Models to support design development and trade-off studies.
- Models to support ground testing including Hardware in the Loop testing.
- Models to support trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation.
- Full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system.
Role: Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Pay: Up to £65.00 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Location: Stevenage or Bristol
Contract: 12 Months – Likely to be extended
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week – Work Onsite – Potential to do a 4 day condensed working week.
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required.
As directed by the Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme.
You will also be responsible for integration of components from within the team and from other project areas. As well as for their design, implementation, test, reviews and supporting documentation and maintaining appropriate design records, ensuring compliance with appropriate quality standards. Within the scope of your defined tasks, you will interact autonomously with the other functional teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the-Loop, Systems Design & Validation and Technical Quality. You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems, and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team. You will engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
We are looking for you to have an appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters e.g. Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics.
A proven track record in the following:
- Simulation and Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects.
- The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow.
- Ability to produce a computer simulation (Simulink model) from a mathematical specification.
A good understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process. Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Rational Team Concert (or similar Configuration and Management Tools).
- DOORS (or similar Requirement Management Tools).
- C, FORTRAN orAda.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”