Systems Performance Engineer (BBBH14279) Bolton, England
|Salary:||GBP75 - GBP75 per hour|
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Systems Performance Engineer to join them on an 18 month contract. As the Systems Performance Engineer you will work within one of our clients systems engineering teams and you will be able provide performance prediction and analysis expertise to major defence programmes, as well as developing the latest Complex Weapons capabilities for the UK Armed Forces in response to advanced threats in all domains (Air, Land, Sea). Expect assignment to concept, assessment or demonstration phase contracts, covering one of our clients new product lines.
Role: Systems Performance Engineer
Pay: £75.00 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Location: Stevenage or Bristol.
Contract: 18 Months (6-12 Months also available)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security clearance required before starting.
We are looking for Systems Engineering practitioners with experience to undertake the following activities:
- Planning, conducting and reporting on performance assessments of missiles and weapon systems using mathematical models and trials data.
- Technical studies into missile performance to help the project teams understand key design trades and the impact of design choices upon overall system performance.
- Developing a good understanding of how the wider system affects missile performance and the knock-on impacts of changes to the design.
- Working with specialists in Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Lethality, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Seekers (and others) to understand how each of these contribute to overall system performance
- Predicting and analysing performance of complex products, ideally in the defence, aerospace, motor sport or transport industries.
- Utilising Matlab/Simulink based mathematical modelling and simulation tools.
- Planning, conducting and reporting performance studies and assessments of complex systems.
- Analysing trials data and comparing it to predicted performance e.g. telemetry data analysis from hardware-in-the-loop or real world sources.
- Managing system performance trade studies to inform design decisions.
- Planning for system performance proving in support of product certification and design assurance.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”