Antenna Design Engineer (BBBH13177) Stevenage, England
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Antenna Design Engineer to join them on a 12-month contract. As the Antenna Design Engineer, you will aim to design and develop RF and microwave antennas which will be used in Datalinks.
Role: Antenna Design Engineer
Pay: Dependant on experience
Contract: 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Clearance required upon submission
- Design and develop RF and microwave antennas which will be used in Datalinks.
- Interact with internal customers and suppliers to understand antenna design requirements, volume constraints and environmental specifications so that the final design is compliant with the overall requirements
- Provide technical advice and assistance in pursuance of existing and new business, particularly in the fields of Antenna Design Capabilities, RF & Microwave Engineering and ensure the effectiveness and competitiveness of the proposed technical solutions
- Diagnose Antenna issues using various methods; e.g. visual inspection, data analysis in design
- Design, simulation & layout using HFSS (understanding limitations of different solvers)
- Design and optimisation of array feed networks
- Complex Antenna Array simulations/optimisation using HPC/cluster
- RF/Microwave Antenna Design (Narrowband and Wideband). RF/Microwave Antenna Array Design.
- Antenna test and trials in an anechoic chamber. Manufacturing techniques, capabilities and constraints.
- Use of vector network analysers and other test equipment.
- Assessment of installed RCS performance of an Antenna.
- Awareness of meta-materials technologies.
- Appreciation of mechanical design & module packaging.
- Appreciation of mixed signal board techniques.
- Appreciation of active Microwave, RF and Analogue Design
- Clear understanding of engineering tools, processes and procedures.
- Be conversant with RF/Microwave design tools including HFSS and MATLAB (CST/ADS/FEKO is desirable but not essential)
- Process complex array data using MATLAB.
- Take early prototype designs into serial production.
- Be able to write high quality test requirements and test reports.
- Generate plan of activities and manage own work.
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!”