Principal Thermal Engineer (BBBH13785) Stevenage, England
|Salary:||GBP49 - GBP49 per hour|
An opportunity has arisen with my client for a Principal Thermal Engineer to join them on a 6-12 month contract. As the Principal Thermal engineer you will work within a group that consists of over 30 engineers working across a wide spectrum of cutting-edge military systems. Working for an internationally recognised company, you will play a critical role in ensuring that our clients products deliver the necessary performance against key thermal requirements.
Role: Principal Thermal Engineer
Pay: £49.00 Per Hour Via Umbrella Company
Contract: 6 – 12 Months
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week
Security Clearance: Security Clearance Required
- Take ownership for delivering packages of thermal analysis work.
- Provide mechanical analysis support to develop designs and deliver thermal performance evidence.
- Deliver analysis evidence in clear reports with firm conclusion statements.
- Participate in team meetings and design reviews.
- Manage workload against time schedules and report progress regularly to stakeholders.
- Responsible for dealing and collaborating with project stakeholders (internal & external).
- Degree qualified in a STEM subject.
- Proven ability to carry out thermal analysis through the application of hand calculations and Finite Element methods (e.g. ANSYS etc.).
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Carrying out studies to determine the effects of conduction, convection and radiation on the thermal response of systems.
- Thermal analysis of electronics.
- Application of MATLAB-Simulink to deliver thermal studies.
- Use of CFD to assess thermal behaviour.
- Scripting using MATLAB or Python.
- Ability to make quick/simple assessments to progress design activities in an efficient manner.
- Self-motivated and organised individuals, who are great problem solvers and can take responsibility for the delivery of work.
- Ability to work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to network and influence internal and external customers.
- Relevant experience in an equivalent or comparable industry would be advantageous.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Melanie Cave at Line Up Aviation
Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry’s best-known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
“Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!